Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2015, 02:37 PM

Default 2 ProTools Purchases, 2 iLoks, i think 2 support plans. Please sort this for me.

Sorry this is a typical post. I've Googled the popular posts and checked the DUC a few times in the past few months. I apologize to the veterans that screen these posts all the time.

I'm assuming I should be able to get PT12 on two separate computers, My "Mac rig and my PC rig". I purchased PT6 and upgraded/cross-graded over the years until the last version or so, maybe current version. A second purchase was Pro Tools EX, in which I upgraded to current version or so. Right now on my Mac rig, I have Pro Tools 12. On my PC I have 11. It is not obvious to me how to upgrade to PT12 for my PC. I'm also not positive which PT license is on which iLok, if that matters.

I don't know if I needed attachments, but I didn't want to miss anything. I hope they're legible if needed. It says in my iLok account "Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 (NT)(4)". There are also two instances of "Pro Tools Plan". One expires in a few days and the other in a few months. Should I be able to have PT12 on both computers? If so, how do I do that on PC, it seemed obvious when I did it on my Mac months ago. That's my main questions especially since it seems my upgrade will run out shortly.

An extra credit question would be, I'm now learning I have to spend $400 a year to keep 2 PT rigs going and up to date? I understand I could pay $30 a month for a fresh 'rental' of PT, but that's no use to me since I use both locations of Pro Tools often. Is my only option to consolidate down to one Pro Tools rig and bring my iLok back and forth (if that is possible between Mac and PC)? I hopped into an investment for two rigs just to avoid that and keep projects running smooth and for people at my studio location to use simultaneously. If there's any options besides $400 a year, please let me know. I feel like I need to make a decision soon since my "Pro Tools Plan" instances on my iLok account both say they're expiring soon.

Again, sorry for the ignorance. Happy Holidays to the DUC and specifically to the guys that always help us out.
-Monty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid.jpg (73.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilokPC.jpg (71.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MasIlok.jpg (65.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shgaccount.jpg (73.7 KB, 0 views)