Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 AM

Default Using Maschine With Pro Tools

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased the Maschine sampler and software. Wow, overwhelming to say the least. I'm so used to PT and now it feels like I have to start all over again. I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube, how to incorporate it with PT, but I'm not sure which way is the most efficient.

Any suggestions as to which way is the most efficient and the easiest workflow?

Thank you!

-Justin
Pro Tools 10, 003 Rack, NI Maschine
www.youtube.com/firsty33
Old 10-15-2013, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Using Maschine With Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsty33 View Post
Hey guys,

I've recently purchased the Maschine sampler and software. Wow, overwhelming to say the least. I'm so used to PT and now it feels like I have to start all over again. I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube, how to incorporate it with PT, but I'm not sure which way is the most efficient.

Any suggestions as to which way is the most efficient and the easiest workflow?

Thank you!

-Justin
Well it depends, you can create the basic track and song arrangement in Maschine, then use Aux tracks in Pro Tools to mix and complete the song. Kinda like create the beat in Maschine then mix it in Pro tools. I think that's the best arrangement. Protools has way better options as far as eq and mixing are concerned. But as far as beat making Maschine is better. Kinda like when you create on an MPC, you would need to us a DAW like Pro tools to make your creation better with effects, vocals compression, eq, mixing etc.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well it depends, you can create the basic track and song arrangement in Maschine, then use Aux tracks in Pro Tools to mix and complete the song. Kinda like create the beat in Maschine then mix it in Pro tools. I think that's the best arrangement. Protools has way better options as far as eq and mixing are concerned. But as far as beat making Maschine is better. Kinda like when you create on an MPC, you would need to us a DAW like Pro tools to make your creation better with effects, vocals compression, eq, mixing etc.
Thank you! I've done that so far, and it works pretty good. As of right now, I'm creating the beats with Maschine in an instrument track, then I drag and drop patterns to separate audio tracks (ie kick, snare etc.)

Not sure if that's the quickest way, but it's working for me so far!
www.youtube.com/firsty33
Old 11-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Could you point me to a youtube video you watched that shows how to do this? Maschine is soo confusing to me but I'm very comfortable with pro tools. Did you figure out how to use the machine controller to record midi information in an instrument track? how did you export? thanks!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnightfall View Post
Could you point me to a youtube video you watched that shows how to do this? Maschine is soo confusing to me but I'm very comfortable with pro tools. Did you figure out how to use the machine controller to record midi information in an instrument track? how did you export? thanks!
If you search "using Maschine with Pro Tools" on YouTube, a bunch of results will come up. It's pretty overwhelming at first, but so was Pro Tools right? Maschine is a whole another animal, and just takes time. I am still a complete rookie at it, but find what works best for you and start with that. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

The way that has worked best for me is to simply drag and drop patterns from Maschine to separate audio tracks, but that's just one way, and it may not be the most efficient workflow.
www.youtube.com/firsty33
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM

The other way is to create an instrument track and Aux tracks in Protools. Go to Youtube an type in Route maschine sounds into Pro tools Tutorial. This the way I use it. It is easier then drag and drop to me.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The other way is to create an instrument track and Aux tracks in Protools. Go to Youtube an type in Route maschine sounds into Pro tools Tutorial. This the way I use it. It is easier then drag and drop to me.
I use it this way too but what do you do once it's playing in Pro Tools? Will the sounds be mixed in when bounced to 2 track?