Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Default SC48 and iPad

SC48 and iPad

When using VNC and an iPad is there a way to do sends on faders on the iPad?

I have been playing with the off line software and I don’t see a way to do it there and I thought when using VNC and an iPad you were basically seeing what looks like the off line software which looks like the screen on the console. I will be getting my hands on the SC48 starting tomorrow but I don’t have a wireless router or the iPad at the moment. I hope to borrow those pieces to play with.

What is the VNC software that one uses on the iPad to control the SC48 and is there a demo version of the software available?

Is there a recommended wireless router/switch to use with the SC48 and iPad?

I know some of this has been asked before and I searched and read a bunch of those posts but I am looking for the most up to date information available.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 AM

Default Re: SC48 and iPad

VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It isn't a piece of software that looks like the screen on the console, it IS the screen on the console you are just seeing it through a VNC app (iTeleport, MochaVNC, etc) on the iPad. If the function is not in the online software (ie software on the console) then it is not available on the iPad.

For ex. if Sends on Fader is turned on from a hardware switch on the console and not a software switch on the screen, then it is not available through VNC.

The reverse would be true if you removed the screen from the your Venue system. ie. if there is something that can only be done in the software on the console and you remove the screen (so you are unable to see it) then you would not be able to do this function.
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core, 14gigs of ram
Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, 2.3Ghz i7, 16gigs of ram
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Re: SC48 and iPad

You will be able to set things up on the desk so that the faders behave the way you want when using VNC. Use an event to turn on flip to faders mode when an output solo is engaged (Triggers: Output solo, On. Actions: Bottom row flip to faders, toggle, while active). That way whenever you solo an output such as an aux the faders will flip to act as the level sends to that aux. You have to make sure that "Auxes Follow AFL" and "AFL Follows Auxes" are turned on in the Options/Busses page.

Mocha VNC is a cool, free app available for the iPad.

Any wireless router should work. I use the most standard NetGear box with great results. The only thing to consider is range.