Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 AM

Default Legacy Control Surface Support - MP9?

I purchased an Avid/M-Audio C600 a few months back on closeout. Thus far, I am using it as a front end for Logic 9 (am I allowed to say that on this board? ) and it is working flawlessly. I also have a CM Labs MotorMix that I picked up from a user here that is connected via the C600's MIDI I/O.

I've been playing around with ProTools SE and thinking of switching to PT as my DAW. The MP 9.0.5 version works with the C600 and I can pick it up on the cheap as it's been EOL'd.

The question is... MP9 shows support for Command|8 and Artist Mix, but no one mentions the old CM Labs stuff anymore (ProTools MP 9.0 Supported Devices). Has anyone used legacy ProTools controllers like the MotorMix to successfully control MP 9.0.x, or am I limited to the Command|8/Artist Mix?

If it matters, I'm not so concerned about plugin control, editing, or transport control (I can do that from the C600). I'm mostly concerned with the fader bank of the MotorMix.

Much thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Legacy Control Surface Support - MP9?

Im pretty sure there is a way to download the legacy drivers to use with the motormix i know because i have done it on my yamaha 01v...

Try doing a google search onlegacy driver for protools it should give u the link to download it and itnstructions tu setup as well
Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 AM

Thank you for the response. May I ask a clarifying question on your setup: Are you using your 01v to control PT MP? On Avid's FAQ's, there seems to be a different set of support guidelines for MP 9 vs. HD 9.

Much thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM

It is the same for both

Yamaha 01v can be set up to simulate cm labs controller

Motormix is hui I think