Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-03-2006, 10:27 PM

Default How do I uninstall Waves Audio Unit plugins?

I need to keep the plugins for PT but need to get rid of the Audio Unit plugins (or trash where they are registered).

I need to use Final Cut Studio on my PT system but Final Cut wants to intialize the Waves Audio Unit plugins and it takes forever. Since I do not plan on editing any audio in Final Cut I can just get rid of the Audio Unit plugins.

Thanks in advance!

Evan
Old 04-04-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: How do I uninstall Waves Audio Unit plugins?

I like to have my audio units available for use in logic if I ever go into it....but when i need to run FCP..... I do this:

Audio units are located in /library/audio/plug-ins/components (i think)

so i make a folder on my desktop called components temp.....and inside that i keep an alias to the components folder.....so when i need fcp i just go in and move all the audiounits to the temp folder, and when im done i can just go back in the temp folder and move them all back into their proper place via the alias i keep in the temp.......

hope that made sense
Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 AM

If you allow the 2 hour FCP startup (with Waves) the first time, consecutive FCP startups are normal.
FCP seems to take forever to register Waves the first time!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
If you allow the 2 hour FCP startup (with Waves) the first time, consecutive FCP startups are normal.
FCP seems to take forever to register Waves the first time!!!
Actually you are right and wrong about this. YES the intial time wait for is VERY long for FCP to "cache" all the plugs, etc..
THEN the next launches are noticably shorter (just like in Pro Tools)....

BUT what the OP was talking about I think is ALSO the fact (cause I delt with it too) IF some WAVE AU plugs were not compatible, or had some issues with FCP (which ALOT do) then you have to sit there and hit the return or enter key like 50 times (if you have the diamond bundle like I do) through-out its launch because it sends up a warning window of notification everytime it comes across one of them plugs and you have to hit "OK" on the window (by hitting enter or return)...

So "epd" as "blumediaprojekt" said that is ONE way to do it, BUT the most easy way I've found to do it is this:

#1- Waves plugs work by "Waveshells" (both TDM,RTAS, & AU)
#2- The folder from which the AU ones remotely activate from the waveshell is in your *System HD < Library < Audio < Plug Ins < COMPONENTS folder.
#3- Take ALL Waveshell files OUT of there and put them in a NEW folder you creat called "Disabled".

Your good to go.

This is easier now because you are only moving like 3 files/waveshells, and to a folder right there next to it (the one you create). NOW,, so when you want to actually USE the AU waves plugs for Logic or something, then just go back there and transfer them 3 waveshell files back into the "components" folder, and you are good to go !!!...

Opposed to "blumediaprojekt's" way where you are moving ALOT of files, and to a folder far away. This one seems to be real efficient.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - Actually what I do is go through ALL the folders in the "Audio"< "Plug Ins" folder there (VST, HAL, MAS, & COMPONENT), and take out ALL the waveshell files and put them in that disabled folder. Because I don't need them, and it will make it easier for if some program trys to scan for my VST, MAS, or HAL ones too. I can alsways get them back though by just simply moving the retrospected waveshell files to there correct places. The files are SELF EXPLANITORY by having the same name as there extension to what folder they go into !!!!! Its great !!!
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them

Old 04-08-2020, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulette Records View Post
So "epd" as "blumediaprojekt" said that is ONE way to do it, BUT the most easy way I've found to do it is this:

#1- Waves plugs work by "Waveshells" (both TDM,RTAS, & AU)
#2- The folder from which the AU ones remotely activate from the waveshell is in your *System HD < Library < Audio < Plug Ins < COMPONENTS folder.
#3- Take ALL Waveshell files OUT of there and put them in a NEW folder you creat called "Disabled".

Your good to go.
Thank you so much !!!
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8