Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Yeah, I'd probably pay something at this point to get the Control 24 to work with PT11. I imagine many would. How can we make this happen?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky3000 View Post
Hey, Avid is smarter than us, guys. Alienating pro consumers who don't have an extra $24k is a great idea. They know what they're doing. Stock is near all time low and company is bleeding almost -$2.00 per share.

They make great decisions. We are just a bunch of cheap dummies.
This is an interesting comment
Since 2008, executive management came from merger and acquisition businesses in an attempt to consolidate all divisions into One Avid, which was an enormous failure. The CEO, CFO and others (the Greenfield gang) had to resign in early 2013 due to questionable business practices and for basically running the company into the ground. Company went from over 800 million a year to under 400 million. The best audio & video engineers have left the company in the last 5 years. Software design jobs went to China and Ukraine and American engineers were laid off. Advice to Senior Management – Sell the company to another audio & video professional company who knows how to run this type of business. Get rid of the merger/acquisition management who are killing this company.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM

...word from the Beta team members that the ProControl & Control|24 controller personalities WERE in the pre-Gold Master HD11 builds is even more infuriating!

This is curious - does anyone have a source for this info? Not arguing - just interested.

cheers,
dave
Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lang View Post
...word from the Beta team members that the ProControl & Control|24 controller personalities WERE in the pre-Gold Master HD11 builds is even more infuriating!

This is curious - does anyone have a source for this info? Not arguing - just interested.

cheers,
dave
I am also curious about this. If its true, its time for someone to leak that online.
I am also curious about a post I saw here a few days ago that was removed. It said something about the word at namn was that a driver was to released in march for $2200. Any truth to this?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmacdaddy View Post

And word from the Beta team members that the ProControl & Control|24 Controller personalities WERE in the pre-Gold Master HD11 builds
If this is true then the controller personalities have all ready been ported to 64 bit.
If so Avid should release them.
It's time for some good old fashion honesty and perhaps some humble pie...
Old 02-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lang View Post

cheers,
dave
Dave...

You are a total slimeball, scuzzmeister, a, a, a, A PRO TOOLS FANBOI!!!

How dare you even think about questioning this!

(Just thought I'd save the other guys the time since I was already here)

But anybody who doesn't believe that my first cousin's best friend's boyfriend who used to run around on her heard it from some chick he hooked up with in a bar who said she heard it from some guy who said he was on the Beta Team or who was taking beta blockers, she wasn't real sure, so how could it not be true?
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREED View Post
I am also curious about this. If its true, its time for someone to leak that online.
I am also curious about a post I saw here a few days ago that was removed. It said something about the word at namn was that a driver was to released in march for $2200. Any truth to this?
Absolutely no truth whatsoever, cause I wrote it as a joke to see if anybody was going to bite, and deleted it when my point had been made.

I must say that I was a bit surprised...out of all of the people on this thread who have been loudly proclaiming that they are ready to buy a driver right now not one single person approached me credit card in hand...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-01-2014, 05:26 PM

Wow Bill!! Thats just messed up. NOT a funny joke.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Actually that was kinda funny !!! Sorry

But $2200 is cheap compared to the controller itself
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 PM

Bill,

I don't think anyone "bit" because it was pretty obviously rumor at best.

I'm curious what your point in telling lies to the board was again?

And how much do you have vested in this to be lying on a message board?

You're not holding lame of that sub $7 stock are you? All time low is approaching quickly.