Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2008, 01:01 AM

Default Protools 8 on Hardware Exchange

Hi Support,

With the new Protools 8/Music Production Toolkit coming up, will we get the free upgrade to both when we do a Hardware Exchange?

hhmmmm... wonder when the 003 console will have 8 pre-amps......????

Cheers
Jon
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: Protools 8 on Hardware Exchange

Quote:
With the new Protools 8/Music Production Toolkit coming up, will we get the free upgrade to both when we do a Hardware Exchange?
You'll get a free update to Pro Tools 8, but the Toolkit update would depend on a few factors. Do you own it currently?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM

i own DV TOOLKIT 2.
what will be the upgrade cost to COMPLETE TOOLKIT?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbedman View Post
i own DV TOOLKIT 2.
what will be the upgrade cost to COMPLETE TOOLKIT?
Those details aren't finalized yet - once they are we'll be posting information on our website.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 AM

Digi,

I implore you. Please make the upgrade to the new toolkit reasonable for your customers who have been faithful users for years. I've dropped a ton of dough on these toolkits already.

Thanks in advance for your consideration on this matter. Looking forward to the new features!

M
Old 10-17-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You'll get a free update to Pro Tools 8, but the Toolkit update would depend on a few factors. Do you own it currently?
If I were to upgrade a Digi 001 right now, today, to a 003 Factory Console, which with the current promotion, would include the Music Production Toolkit, would I get a free upgrade to the new MPTK when its released in a month or two? If so, would that be automatically mailed to me? If not, what would happen? Would I be charged more money to upgrade the MPTK that I got in the upgrade purchased today, if so, how much? Is that less than the guy who owned the MPTK for 2 years already?

If the MPTK that i just got with the Hardware Exchange from the 001 to the 003 Factory Console was not upgraded to the new MPTK, why would I even upgrade at this point, making the MPTK that comes with the 003 today in fact of no value in a month or two?

I've tried to cover every angle here to get the right answer. I think you get what I'm asking here?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 PM

Its been stated by Digi that anyone purchasing the MPTK now will get a free upgrade so I wouldn't see why it would be any different for you just because you're purchasing bundled with a hardware upgrade. I'm waiting to do a hardware exchange hoping that they will drop the price some since the MPTK was reduced in price they should lower the exchange pricing some for bundles with the MPTK.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Will the uprade to CPTK will be available to those of us who have bought MPTK + DVTK 2 second hand... who just have the ilok assets ?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaphoron View Post
Its been stated by Digi that anyone purchasing the MPTK now will get a free upgrade so I wouldn't see why it would be any different for you just because you're purchasing bundled with a hardware upgrade. I'm waiting to do a hardware exchange hoping that they will drop the price some since the MPTK was reduced in price they should lower the exchange pricing some for bundles with the MPTK.
Jason, where did you see this, I must have missed it.

Barry

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 10-19-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Jason, where did you see this, I must have missed it.

Barry
In several of the other Pro Tools 8 threads. The bump up to "expanded' track count from the MPTK will come free, if you want to also get the new VI's from the upgraded toolkit it will be something like $49.