Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2015, 12:32 AM

Default Issue updating Space plug ins

Hi, i am an owner of Space reverb since PT 8 HD, i have my regular licence in my ilok, now i'm trying to update Space to the last version,but when i launch pro tools 12 a message say that there is not a Space licence in my ilok
What's wrong?
Thanks
Old 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Issue updating Space plug ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi, i am an owner of Space reverb since PT 8 HD, i have my regular licence in my ilok, now i'm trying to update Space to the last version,but when i launch pro tools 12 a message say that there is not a Space licence in my ilok
What's wrong?
Thanks
Ok .... it sounds like you may have the typical problem ....

There are two 'current' versions of Space ...

12.0, which is what you use with your normal perpetual license that you've had for years, and for which you download the latest installer from here ...

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Space

and

12.1, which only works with the Pro Tools Premium Plugins Bundle license that comes with your support plan ... the installer for that is downloaded from within your Avid Account, and there is a premium plugins bundle section within your Pro Tools 12 area.

The important things to understand are ...

1) Your old perpetual Space license WILL NOT unlock 12.1 .......

and

2) Your Premium Plugins Bundle license included in the Pro Tools 10/11/12 license bundle WILL NOT unlock 12.0 .....

Jeffro assures us that 12.0 and 12.1 are functionally identical, and that any settings you save as a preset in either version can be opened in either version. They are just versioned differently to work with their specific licenses.

Note as well ....

The Premium Plugins Bundle license is only yours for as long as you keep renewing the support plan. In other words you are renting it (even though it is 'free' with your plan).

So don't be tempted to sell your older perpetual Space license, unless you are 100% certain that you intend to keep renewing the support plan until you retire.

Otherwise, if you sell it, and then one day decide not to renew the support plan, you'll no longer be able to use Space in any new projects, or when reloading old projects.

Personally, I would say it is better not to install 12.1, it's better to install 12.0, because that relates to your permanent license. I'm not entirely sure what happens if you use the 12.1 plugin in a project and then move it to another computer/user who has the 12.0 version.

Perhaps Jeffro can confirm ... in that case does the project open with the 12.0 version instantiated? Is the same true the other way around?
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-17-2015, 12:50 AM

Many thanks for the suggestion,
i have downloaded and installed Space 12,and i does work,
Remain me only the hassle to see the message every day from application manager of pro tools which says "there is an application to be updated" :)
Old 11-17-2015, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Many thanks for the suggestion,
i have downloaded and installed Space 12,and i does work,
Remain me only the hassle to see the message every day from application manager of pro tools which says "there is an application to be updated" :)
Yes that is a bit of a pain, hopefully at some point in the future App Manager will become intelligent enough to differentiate Space versions by license type.

It's doubly annoying for me, because I have the upgrade and support plan plugins bundle showing in my Avid Account, but because it was a free student upgrade, I was not actually given the license to unlock that plugins bundle.

So I've got installer links for all those stomp boxes, as well as Space 12.1, and Avid App Manager takes great pleasure in listing them all and suggesting I install them. Plus, of course, n the case of Space it says there is an update available even though it isn't relevant to me.

They may sort all this out one day, but it's another half-baked implementation.

I've had Media Composer refusng to run after updating to 8.4.2 because it says it was released after my plan expired, even though it had been renewed and doesn't run out until autumn 2016. This with different licenses on two computers.

Avid App Manager won't let me download the latest Sibelius update because it says I don't have an active, plan, even though my in date active plan is listed in App Manager.

I can download and install it from my Avid Account and it runs just fine, so it is detecting my active olan.

So it's clear that Avid App Manager has some issues that need workng on.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)