Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2015, 05:38 PM

Default Installing Komplete 10 Plugins in Pro Tools 8

I'm completely new to 3rd party plug-ins. I purchased Komplete 10 Ultimate (includes Kontakt 5, Guitar Rig 5, etc). The applications that come with Komplete are working fine, however the plugins don't show up when I load Pro Tools LE 8 on my Windows 7 PC.

I've put the .dll files in the VST folder, I've reinstalled the plug-ins and done everything else that the manual and other outlets tell me to do.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Installing Komplete 10 Plugins in Pro Tools 8

Hi and Welcome to the Community

I believe that K10U and K10 won't work in PT 8 as it sates PT10 and up on this website.

Moving DLL files should not be done as it installs the plugins where they are supposed to sit so moving dll files around might mess up your system.

You can read the system specs here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...pecifications/

Worst case you would need to update your PT 8 to PT12 and you get PT10/11/12 in that. Don't know if there is a path for the upgrade but someone will jump in with that info i am sure.

Here is the only place i know of that still offers LE to PT12 annual plan at $199

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PT11LEup-e

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Installing Komplete 10 Plugins in Pro Tools 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolastexit View Post
I'm completely new to 3rd party plug-ins. I purchased Komplete 10 Ultimate (includes Kontakt 5, Guitar Rig 5, etc). The applications that come with Komplete are working fine, however the plugins don't show up when I load Pro Tools LE 8 on my Windows 7 PC.

I've put the .dll files in the VST folder, I've reinstalled the plug-ins and done everything else that the manual and other outlets tell me to do.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you!
You have a couple of problems. The first is PT does not use vst format plugins - never has, never will. The other is the latest revisions of NI plugins have dropped RTAS support which is what you need for use in PT8.

You do have options. The first would be to use Blue Cat Audio Patchwork to host the vst plugins inside PT8. Another would be to update your PT to PT12 which uses aax64 plugins which NI plugins have supported for some time.

QAPLA!