Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2017, 04:40 AM

Default AAF import from Logic Pro X - how to combine mono L-R tracks to stereo

Hi, I've tried to search the forums, but didn't find anything specifically related to Logic Pro X. I've received AAF exports from Logic Pro X, containing music stems for a movie. The AAF contains stereo files as split mono .L .R files. I would expect Pro Tools to import this as a stereo multichannel tracks, but they do appear as mono tracks after import. Is this expected behavior from an AAF file from Logic Pro X, or am I doing something wrong? The only solution I've come up with is to import as split mono tracks, make stereo tracks in Pro Tools and drag mono tracks to the new empty stereo tracks. This works, but there has to be an easier way?

Stein Tore
Old 01-20-2017, 05:27 PM

Default Re: AAF import from Logic Pro X - how to combine mono L-R tracks to stereo

Welcome to the vicissitudes of AAF! Dragging them onto stereo tracks is your best bet. There are some built-in limitations in the OMF and AAF format that don't always allow for stereo or poly audio files.