Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 03-01-2021, 09:51 AM

Default Run multiple Pro Tools licenses on cloud

So. I need to run pro tools on multiple computers simultaneously, and I need to do that only 3 months per year. And I don't want to buy physical iloks.

My plan was to buy as many licenses as I needed (monthly subscriptions) and then open pro tools via cloud licensing. But I understand only one license can run on cloud each time.

Is there a way to make this work? Should I make different Ilok accounts and buy a pro tools license for each? would this allow me to run multiple computers on the same wifi network??

thank you for your help!

Last edited by jeffro; 03-01-2021 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Moved from Pro Tools 2020.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Run multiple Pro Tools licenses on cloud

Welcome to the community.

You would need separate iLok accounts for each license to use them in iLok Cloud simultaneously. Note that you can enter a different iLok User ID during the redemption process after purchasing Pro Tools, so could have all of the products in a single my.avid.com account but have the licenses in unique accounts. You would then sign into a different iLok account in iLok License Manager on each computer to Open Your Cloud Session and run the license in that instance of iLok Cloud.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Run multiple Pro Tools licenses on cloud

perfect, thanks!