Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM

Default "Free" plugin as part of 110 training

Hello,

I am currently undertaking training on the ProTools 110 course (and will continue onwards through 201 & 210 in the coming weeks). After receiving the course book for 110 (which clearly states on the front cover "Pro Tools 10"), I noticed the free plugin activation card, so went to add this to my collection on my iLok. Dutifully logged in and entered the activation code to find that the "free" plugins were the following:
- Maxim
- SoundReplacer
- Digi Translator
- Synchronic
- Smack! LE
- Hybrid

I looked through the list to figure out which plugin to choose.

The first option "Maxim" is already included with ProTools 10 anyway, so why is it in the list??

"DigiTranslator" looked like a good option as it allows for exchange of OMF/AAF/MXF files, but once again this is already a feature of ProTools 10. Two pointless options in the list, this is feeling more like a certification exam than a choice.

I already had the "Synchronic" and "Smack! LE" plugins and so was left with two choices. I decided that the "Hybrid" plugin looked good so ticked the box and entered the required information.

The next screen told me that I had a licence for Hybrid and to go to ilok.com to download. It also mentioned at the bottom that no download was available (er, how do I install the plugin then??) and this product was a code only.

Before closing this window I checked on Avid's website and found a page to download Hybrid, so set this going. Went to ilok.com and retrieved my licence. Installed Hybrid. Everything was looking good until I started ProTools and received the following message:
"This version of Hybrid requires authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found on the installed ilok" (?huh? I've just transferred it there and checked it exists via ilok.com?) It then continues and suggests that I might have a licence card for this product (er, no, I've just put the licence on my ilok).

I'm guessing that the version of "Hybrid" given free for me to put on my ilok was not the latest and therefore unless I can find where to download this from (and chances are it won't work with ProTools 10 anyway) I've been given a totally useless plugin. Which would make halve of the list above obsolete.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:43 AM

Default Re: "Free" plugin as part of 110 training

Hi, do you have the license for 1.5 or 1.6? Did you download version 1.5 or 1.6? the license must match the version.

For Pro tools 10, you need to download version 1.6. That's probably what the ilok version is you just received.

1.5 wont work with 1.6 license and vice versa.

I have 1.5. If i want to use pro tools 10 and hybrid, then i need 1.6, and i have to get the license for 1.6.

1.6 license will not work Hybrid 1.5.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 06-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Hello,

I downloaded version 1.6 from Avid's website, but fear that the version that was deposited is much earlier than this. I have spoken to my course instructor who indicated that several others have experienced the same error and that a quick email to Avid should sort it all out. Fingers crossed that they will.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 PM

If you have 1.5 license, and 1.6 software, then it wont work. You need the ilok license for 1.6 . Should be easy to sort out if that is the case.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Turns out that the version of Hybrid supplied with the course was Hybrid 1.0. This was obviously not the same as the version I downloaded from Avid's website (v 1.6) and therefore it failed.

Avid have, however, done the decent thing and swapped the Hybrid v1.0 on my iLok to Hybrid v1.6, so I can now explore and play with the new plugin .

So, further to my initial message, it would appear that in addition to two of the plugins being included with ProTools 10 (and therefore redundant for being in the list), the version supplied for the plugin I chose was incorrect.

Hopefully Avid will sort out the list of plugins available and make sure that they are up to date so as not to confuse their customers.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticnoise View Post
Hello,

I have spoken to my course instructor who indicated that several others have experienced the same error and that a quick email to Avid should sort it all out. Fingers crossed that they will.
What email address did you email?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM

So even if I have purchased:

Pro Tools LE 8.0 Upgrade
Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools 9.0 Crossgrade
Pro Tools 10.0 Upgrade from PT9
Music Production Toolkit 2

- I still have to purchase the €44.00 Hybrid 1.6 upgrade?

| iMac 27" 3.2 Ghz Core i3 | 8 GB Ram | Pro Tools Mbox Pro (3) | Lacie d2 Disk Quadra v2.1 1 TB FW | Pro Tools 10.3.3 (always newest update) | MPT2 | OS X 10.8.4 |