Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM

Default Re: HD Native Upgrade or Downgrade?

Dism,

That was exactly my point. PT9 was a big deal and was worthy of a press event/webcast. The fact that they're doing it again implies something fairly big this year. And I don't think it's just the new features in Protools because they've already taken that out as a surprise. After showing that video, it doesn't make sense that they would hype up a big event and say "Big announcement! Here's the new features that we...umm...showed you 2 weeks ago!"
Old 10-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
To be fair... I've never seen anything in a preview from Avid before... At least not in terms of software.
Avid Technology Preview Pro Tools planned capabilities at NAB 2007 (Pro Tools 7.x era).
Old 10-09-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd513 View Post
yea i already knew that and trust me the latency is audible... i record with auto tune a whole lot and things need to be perfect for it to even be manageable so have fun i tried with rtas its just not possible... unless HDnative has sum magic beans which it doesnt tracking with a auto tune> eq> compressor just isnt gonna happen... heres a simple experiment set up a live enviroment on ur Native sytem... something small singer>guitar>Bass>keys...make a plug in channel strip for each person... lets say 3 or 4 for each input...hit record and jam out... make sure u are monitoring the sound with plug ins and see how totally messed up and out of time it sounds then come back and try to tell me u can track with plug ins in native...I guess next u guys will be telling people to abandon venue systems for native cards because native is so much "stronger"...No i dont think u will be seeing a native venue system anytime soon its just simply not reliable enough...
Just made a 32 track session with an Equality EQ and BF76 Comp on each track. An aux with an Altiverb (12 sending to it), and an Aux with an Air delay plug (4 sending to it). Master fader with dither and a metering plug (Vmeters).

On my mac I could record all 32 tracks thru the plugins at a 32 sample buffer @ 40% cpu usage with no errors.
(But I hired a singer who could sing in tune, so I saved money on the Autotune.)