Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: My Latest (PT) Nightmare...this is unbelievabl

Even if Waves somehow fixes this for Keith, they are slimeballs and should be avoided. It wouldn't be so bad if they were up front about the software purchase really being a non-transferable one year license.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Tele..
>"fixes it" ?? I have some doubts in that..
Something tells me, it's a lot like a marriage; you fall in love, "buy in" ...enjoy some/suffer some..BUT when it is time to get out ...Look out
R ya here Keith ?
Any updates ?

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Those fee's are absolute robbery.
They should include a tube of KY jelly with every Waves purchase.

I'm certainly looking more lovingly at my familiar rack of
hardware today.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: My Latest (PT) Nightmare...this is unbelievable

Also not trying to offend, but I will defend RUNRUN's point about doing your homework.

I don't care for this Waves policy of forced upgrades either, but part of the reason Keith is in this situation is because of the actions he took...assuming he could do something he couldn't do the way he that he thought he could. You don't proceed with an iLok transfer of $3k worth of plug-ins without knowning that you can do that. A search right here on the DUC would have brought up lots of posts telling you that Waves is the one company that does not use iLok.com.

Since no one else has called you on this, someone should...
Quote:
To sum up this story, I was a faithful Waves supporter and very happy with their products. I have always been and always will be a friend to the Israelis and Jewish people.
This is completely irrelevant and an asinine statement to bring into this argument. I'm not going to waste my time explaining why if you can't figure that out on your own.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I'm certainly looking more lovingly at my familiar rack of
hardware today.

Yes Sir..saves on the heating bills too, as a bonus..

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-13-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
R ya here Keith ?
Any updates ?

I'm always here- look under your bed... (remember, I hold a black belt in the art of ninjitsu )
Old 03-13-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
(remember, I hold a black belt in the art of ninjitsu )
Hmmm, uhmmm...me love sushi too..

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-13-2005, 07:14 PM

D. Weeb... You're not getting it. Waves has gone and done the equivalent to selling you a car and the dealer says you cannot sell the car because only you can turn the ignition keys after you've owned the car for over a year. That was NOT in the contract! Suddenly I have a lot more respect for ( BLEEP ) software. Consider it hotwiring your own car

Digi must be loving this thread For the moment we're not bashing the MBox
Old 03-13-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: My Latest (PT) Nightmare...this is unbelievable

Quote:
Since no one else has called you on this, someone should...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To sum up this story, I was a faithful Waves supporter and very happy with their products. I have always been and always will be a friend to the Israelis and Jewish people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is completely irrelevant and an asinine statement to bring into this argument. I'm not going to waste my time explaining why if you can't figure that out on your own.

I was to point out that I am a faithful Microsoft supporter even though I believe I had been royally screwed in the past by paying tech support $500 to correct a flaw in their code which was issued as a service bulletin so other servers such as mine wouldn't suffer my fate ( on my dime).

And I have always been and always will be a friend to Americans and the Christian people.

I ignored it because I know Keith is a true gentlemen and did not suspect that bringing in religion and country to complain about a company ( based in Knoxville BTW) was actually a racist comment.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 PM

I think there is a valuable lesson here for plugin buyers:

If you don't want WAVES to WUP your *****, they you should not buy their plugins.

But a littlel more seriously, I think ilok has it about right, $25 dollars for a transfer. Waves should follow a more consumer-friendly path for transfers and endorse this policy, as well as individual bundle transfers. And as far as the WUP thing, the WUP charges seem to be exceptionally high even as far as software support goes. And if I want to sell an non-WUPed bundle, then that should be my decision. This issue literally amounts to extortion by WAVES!!!

Actually, I myself am a small business owner and know that recurring revenues can be important to longterm survival of a company. And so, I'm not against a small WUP charge if it fell into the 5% of new purchase price on a yearly basis for free upgrades and improvements. But can anybody here in the DUC say with a good consience that a WUP charge of $577 for $3000 worth of plugins is fair to the user. What you can say is that if you don't like it, then don't buy it. OK, I agree and I won't!

WAVES is, as WAVES does. I think each person needs to consider WAVES business practices and determine if they want to support this company with their hard-earned money. I think I've seen enough to make up my mind.

Unfortunately, I also think WAVES is NOT likely to change their mind. Because they would have to apologize for "poor judgement" and perhaps extend a free WUP for several years to those that followed their program.

Keith, I feel deeply indebted to you, cause you just saved me a helluva lot a money. Let's see, now I won't have to upgrade to Platinum, or buy that new fancy reverb, and then pay WUP charges for who knows how many years.