Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2020, 07:57 PM

Default Education Subscription issue

Hi there, excited to get started with Protools... but can't seem to activate!

I have a successful application for edu license, and have logged and downloaded from the download centre. I have a linked ilok account etc.

However, when I log into the main avid website, into my account, I go under products and subscriptions and there is nothing in there relating to my edu licence.

I may have an issue with multiple accounts and things getting confused - I am wanting to merge accounts but I can't get through to avid, I have been trying for days to get hold of someone, I am in Australia and all phone options seem closed, no on answers, or the phone system is asking me for a number I don't have.

If anyone has any tips on how I might be able to sort this out that would be amazing, my course has started and I can't use the software I have paid for.

Last edited by stevense; 03-12-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Education Subscription issue

Welcome to the community. Your support case has been escalated so please watch for a case notice email.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Education Subscription issue

Thanks! I did get an email from support finally, turns out that changing your email address (due to not being able to receive confirmation emails so I had to use a different address for them to come through, not sure why this happened) can really scramble your subscriptions even though it is possible to do easily through your account profile page.
Looks like i have to cancel the subscription for a refund and start again and stick to the one email address - however there was no way of knowing that the first address I used was not going to be able to receive emails from avid (they were not in the junk).