Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 05:16 AM

Default \"an access violation has occurred\"

anyone know what this message means, so i don't get it again?
swapping out plugs, whilst pro tools is running, pro tools continues to run, but no matter how many times i hit return on the violation window it immediately comes back. so i have to force quit.

i have not had it before.

ps. i'm only interested in replies from people who have had this message too, though, if not, feel free to boost your "posts" number if you want to ask me "... first check the troubleshooting thread at the top of the page ..."
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Avid

Default Re: \"an access violation has occurred\"

Quote:
i'm only interested in replies from people who have had this message too, though, if not, feel free to boost your "posts" number if you want to ask me "... first check the troubleshooting thread at the top of the page ..."
An access violation on a Mac is extremely rare. What changed on your system between when it was working and when you started getting the errors?

I know you don't want to be asked about the troubleshooting thread, but we really need to know which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please be specific.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Default Re: \"an access violation has occurred\"

Quote:
An access violation on a Mac is extremely rare. What changed on your system between when it was working and when you started getting the errors?

I know you don't want to be asked about the troubleshooting thread, but we really need to know which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please be specific.
None, no steps. no need.
Firstly, I got the error once (repeatedly) and had to force quit. I wouldn't expect it to recur because of how it happened.
i can still work and i imagine it would be nigh on impossible to recreate. I was swapping plugs whilst still playing. a delay plug for a reverb plug, digidesign.

i immediately re-opened and its been fine for the last hour, and i can swap the same plugs whilst playing. i've never seen that error in 20 years, so i agree with the extremely rare. though if it is rare, would the solution be as rare or would it be common? (musing to myself)

if i ran all ALL (or even one at a time til i found a solution) the trouble-shooting steps everytime i had a little problem i would not be able to work. so i don't. my system, bar the 10.4.11 bit, is fine and dandy, official and up to date.

thanks for the super quick response.

anyone else had this error?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Default Re: "an access violation has occurred"

i am having the same porblem my self i just bought some maudio equipments that came with the protools mpowered essentials but it will not load for some reason i have been sitting with it for the past 5hrs this is so wrong it keeps coming up with the error msg access violation occured,unable to read location 0x0a,745,a4f at address:0x78,145,74d in module: MSVCR80. dll.
i need some help with this its driving me crazy.