Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 03:09 AM

Default Can\'t get 001 to work on new computer

I'm trying to swap my 001 over to my new DP 1.25 G4 MDD (1.5 gigs RAM), running Panther. The card seems well seated in the slot, the 001 lights up fine, and the install seemed to go well, but when I try to start the program I get a "Can't create DAE deck" message box. Can't find anything about it in the manual, so does anyone have any leads so I can troubleshoot this? Thanks.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Can\'t get 001 to work on new computer

from the digidesign answerbase:

Quote:
If the Core Audio Driver is installed it is possible for other software on the machine to take control of the Digidesign hardware. Even Internet Explorer and the System Preferences application can grab the hardware and not allow Pro Tools to take it back on launch.

Quit all other applications before attempting to launch Pro Tools. If that still doesn't allow Pro Tools to launch, try removing the "Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin" located in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/
and restart the computer.
Quote:
Verify that Date & Time are set accurately, Uninstall Pro Tools from the 6.0 CD's Installer, then Reinstall.

Mac OS 10.2.4 has a bug which will randomly reset the Date & Time to 1969 or 1970. If Pro Tools is installed while the Date is set inaccurately the software drivers will not initialize the hardware properly, resulting in the "Unable to Create DAE Deck" error.
Quote:
Make sure that all midi applications are quit before launching Pro Tools. Whenever a midi application is launched, the "midi server" process is implicitly launched. AMS, for instance, will launch the midi server, which will acquire Direct IO, which makes Pro Tools unable to use aquire the hardware. When the last midi app is quit, the midi server will be automatically quit.

Also, always run Apple Disk Utility and choose "Repair Permissions" on the boot drive whenever updating or reinstalling any version of Mac OS X.
regs
Old 05-14-2004, 11:38 AM

Mindnoise, thanks. You're right to give me the quotes from Digi, the way I described the situation, but I posted way late at night and I wasn't thinking straight. My bad. I'm still using LE 5.1 and OS 9.2.2. Probably I should upgrade, but there's no pressing hurry. So how do I get this beast walking right given these new parameters? Do I have to boot into 9.2.2 first? I'll try that, but if anyone has insight into this, feedback would be appreciated.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:48 AM

Yup, that was it, thanks anyway.