Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-17-2004, 04:48 AM

Default Native Instruments

I've just purchased Native Instruments and I wanted to know how to play them via a midi keyboard. I've got a digi002 mixer, a midi lead and Pro tools. Do I need a seperate midi interface?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Native Instruments

Quote:
I've just purchased Native Instruments and I wanted to know how to play them via a midi keyboard.
WHAT??? your purchased NI??? The WHOLE company??? And you want to control THEM (the emplyees(?)) via MIDI commands?

this is the funniest post I read in a long time, this is great!, sorry for not being helpful here,
I never owned a company before

Old 11-17-2004, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I've just purchased Native Instruments and I wanted to know how to play them via a midi keyboard. I've got a digi002 mixer, a midi lead and Pro tools. Do I need a seperate midi interface?
Read your Digi002 Quick-Start Guide.
Whatever NI instrument you bought, there should be a basic setup guide early on in the manual. It's pretty straightforward stuff. Choose your midi channel input and device, choose your sound outputs and you're off. You don't need a separate midi interface, you should be fine with the 002's midi I/O.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:27 AM

I've got Komplete 2 and the reigstration process is a pain. We were sold an ilok registration key with the instructions 'Put it in and it will work' We were not given any instructions. The ilok site was less helpful.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:10 PM

I thought NI uses their own ONLINE registration and not a iLok protection

So IF it is a real iLok you may need to register with www.ilok.com

You create an account without registering your iLok.

but if you register your ilok you are not able to remove it /sell it anymore. but you can see the authorizations on it.

But you should download the the ilok ´driver´ from within your account .and install it. then your stick you ilok into the usb port and the software should recognize it.

again: that NI uses ilok is completely new to me, and nowhere on their website I can find a hint of ilok.

and perhaps this helps some more:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...yprotection_us
and
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...kompletefaq_us

regs
Old 11-20-2004, 10:16 PM

Hi there,

I'm also a NI Komplete 2 Bundle owner and it sure DOES NOT need an ilok to register.
The registration is quite simple and is done all online. They even let you authorize a laptop as your remote unit.

You don't need a midi interface , Digi 002 already have it's own midi ports.

Just configure your Midi Keyboard as your master and assing it to the input of the midi track.

In order to use the NI modules you should first create an Aux track and insert ( on inserts of course) the instrument of you choice there.

Than create a midi track and assign the output to the mudule's midi channes( 1 - >16)

Make sure the aux track with the module level is set to Odb you should be able to hear the sound of it.

hope it helps,

Iuri