Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM

Default Fast Track C600 - Not able to use S/PDIF as 5.1 output

I am a bit confused about which company maintains this product right now but I think, and hope, that this is the correct place to ask this question.

Tried to google this issue but I was not able to find a solution.

Tried to ask this question on the M-audio site but they forewarded me to Avid.
(http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio..._as_5_1_output)

Anyway, this is the problem:
I am not able to use S/PDIF as 5.1 output;

Before this device I used the Fast Track Ultra, really liked it but it suddenly stopped working.
Beside recording audio I use my computer for watching movies. I do not own a seperate bluray player, my pc is directly connected to my tv and 5.1 reciever whitch I really like.
With the Fast Track Ultra I was able to send the 5.1 sound via the S/PDIF output to my reciever and it worked perfectly.

Thought this device would be a nice replacement, and I really like it, but I cannot figure out how to get this working. It worked really nice and I miss this feature a lot, now I can only listen to movies in stereo.

I found a topic about this issue somewhere on the internet and there somebody told that S/PDIF is only for stereo but I cannot believe that that it true, especially since it worked very good on an older simular device.

Maybe it is because I do not have the latest driver package but I think that doesn't make a difference for this issue.

The about box of the software says: Package 1.0.1 Firmware 0.1.7.
I think this is an old version of the software but I tried the newer version (1.0.2) and that crashed immediately. I searched the internet and found out that a lot of people that use the Dutch Windows 7 x64 version are experiencing this problem. (Regret that I bought the Dutch version in the first place but I am not going to change it anymore).

for example:
http://forums.m-audio.com/archive/in...p/t-37488.html

Can someone help me? Am I missing something or do I need to configure something extra to set this up?
And in addition; Does anybody know if new drivers will be available in the near future that maybe fix crash of 1.0.2 on a Dutch Windows version?

Thanks in advance,
Nick