Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-11-2010, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Huge adc bug!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterspirit View Post
no they haven't, at least not in any meaningful way.
Well I would respectfully disagree with that. Lets not get into semantics here, that is not the way I have read their responses.

As for the rest of your post, your entitled to your opinion and I think you have made your feelings clear, this issue is obviously not important or relevant to you. Personally I have no problem with muhis or anybody else bumping this thread if thats what they want to do, as long as its done in a civil and respectful way. If they desire to take other action, then that is their right too.

If thats all you have to say on this issue then I would respectfully ask you to stop repeating yourself, you have made yourself perfectly clear many times and further repeating of the same thing expecting a different result ( a definition of insanity in your words) surely is not your intention.

Mac Pro 3.3 hexacore
24 gb RAM
Lion
PT 10 HD Native
Old 04-11-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterspirit View Post
no, lets.

they have not acknowledged any problem in a meaningful way.

months and months ago, an anonymous digi tech support may have given a nod to the thread's author.

there has been nothing whatsoever done about the "issue" for more than 6 months.

that's not a meaningful acknowledgment.

this forum is not a reasonable vehicle for "forcing" digidesign to act. it is expressly and deliberately set up in such a way as to avoid that.

if you know of any official acknowledgement of the purported issue, why don't you post it.
This is one of the many quotes from DTS.

'Hello once again. I'm not sure if my previous posts have made it clear - this is a 'top priority' bug but, as I've indicated, the work necessary to fix this (entirely, not some half-way patch) is significant. There are many other 'top priority' things on engineers plates right now and the code that needs addressing touches several other areas, requiring significant work and testing.

I'm not sure how to make it any more clear - this is going to take a significant amount of time. I don't know how else to put it. I'm trying to be helpful.

We offered a 7.4 license to those that absolutely could not work around this issue, until we can get it fixed. Hopefully you're taking advantage of it. "

Now I'm going to stop talking and get back to walking...

This seems to be pretty clear to me. If you dont fully understand the words "this is a 'top priority' bug" from the Digi rep on this site then you are not seeing what I am.

Over and out

Mac Pro 3.3 hexacore
24 gb RAM
Lion
PT 10 HD Native
Old 04-11-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsdenis
Unfortunately with any thread that takes issue with Digi you will have the usual idiot who just vents and annoys people. What he doesn't realise is that by his particpation he severely devalues the issue by simply his presence and also by posting irrelevant and pointless,inflamatory inane comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
right. you call another member an "idiot" thinking it's not inflamatory?

hate is not healthy....ever.
"struck a nerve".... "if the shoe fits" ..all come to mind here. He certainly did not call anyone an idiot, just said that there is one.
You filled in the blank. All by yourself!
Sad thing is that you will never see it....
Old 04-11-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
"struck a nerve".... "if the shoe fits" ..all come to mind here. He certainly did not call anyone an idiot, just said that there is one.
You filled in the blank. All by yourself!
Sad thing is that you will never see it....
wrong... i don't worship the opinions of snippy snipers

we have a topic here

and if the snipes can stop making it personal all the time

i think we can make some progress here.

if they can't....this will be another deleted thread.

THAT would be sad.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
i think we can make some progress here.

if they can't....this will be another deleted thread.

THAT would be sad.
SJ.. is it just a coincidence that in many of the deleted/frozen threads, you are one of , if not THE, primary poster. And that wherever there is strife on the DUC, there you are with many more posts than your "attackers-snipers". And that you have been reprimanded, possibly more than once, if not temporarily banned, for this kind of stuff?
Don't deflect the questions.. in fact, don't even answer them. Just think about them. Discuss it with your partner. Please Don't "have" to have the last word. Let someone else, for once.
I am pretty sure that if you don't post again in this thread it (the thread) probably will not get deleted. Just try it. FF
Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
SJ.. is it just a coincidence that in many of the deleted/frozen threads, you are one of , if not THE, primary poster. And that wherever there is strife on the DUC, there you are with many more posts than your "attackers-snipers". And that you have been reprimanded, possibly more than once, if not temporarily banned, for this kind of stuff?
Don't deflect the questions.. in fact, don't even answer them. Just think about them. Discuss it with your partner. Please Don't "have" to have the last word. Let someone else, for once.
I am pretty sure that if you don't post again in this thread it (the thread) probably will not get deleted. Just try it. FF
why don't you try monitoring your own behavior

stop trolling my posts and the endless negative hateful sniping.

and leave monitoring my behavior up to me.

we have a topic here.

i suggest you stay on it and share your comments

and leave others to the freedom of their speech.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM

AVID doesn't answer my "cases" that I sent to them!?

What is wrong with them!?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM

Euphonix anyone..?
Midi timing anyone...?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM

This is AVIDs answer to my "case".

Hi Kermit,

Looking further into this, it looks like you are experiencing the known issue that is mentioned in the DUC link you provided.

As you may be aware already, we are investigating this issue currently but I unfortunately do not have an E.T.A for you on any fix.

Of course, we regret any inconvenience this is causing you and hope to offer a resolution as quickly as possible.

AWESOME!!!!......not!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhis1 View Post
This is AVIDs answer to my "case".

Hi Kermit,

Looking further into this, it looks like you are experiencing the known issue that is mentioned in the DUC link you provided.

As you may be aware already, we are investigating this issue currently but I unfortunately do not have an E.T.A for you on any fix.

Of course, we regret any inconvenience this is causing you and hope to offer a resolution as quickly as possible.

AWESOME!!!!......not!
I'm not sure what you were expecting to hear - as I said, we want you to log these cases so that we can track them and get additional attention from management.

Quote:
In any case - if you want to be absolutely sure you're being heard, I strongly encourage you to submit a request using the Tech Support Request Form. These cases are tracked and escalated as appropriate. The DUC is a great way to give us feedback, but management cannot see all posts here - what I give them are synopses of what's occurring, emphasizing the most critical problems. The support requests are monitored by management to assure we're responding in a timely manner to issues - and issues that are 'long in the tooth' there get more attention. It's just another way to be sure you're being heard.

I don't know how much faster it will make things happen - as I said, there's only a certain amount of 'parallelism' that this issue can handle - but bringing to bear any and all methods of communicating your issues certainly can't hurt.
Support FAQ