Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-29-2019, 09:14 AM

Default Eucon layouts not working

The latest PT 2019 and latest Eucon now don't working with the layouts on my S3. I make a layout of my VCA's for mixing, but now when I select the "A" button on my S3, it goes to the first track in the session instead of the stored layout, which should be the VCA's. Previous version of Eucon worked great. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Eucon layouts not working

Not sure, but this thread might have some helpful info?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404712
Old 05-29-2019, 10:56 AM

Your issue is with saved position (not really the layout itself.) It's a bug that has been recognized in another thread and they are working on a fix.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:23 PM

Thanks BScout. That's a big bug for mixing hundreds of tracks on an S3. I save my VCA's to a layout and now it's not working. I miss my Custom Fader Groups on my old DCommand!! I hope AVID gets this working soon with an update. Actually, I would have been better off not using PT 2019 after all. Maybe I will go back to PT 2018 to get this function back. It would be worth it I guess.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
Thanks BScout. That's a big bug for mixing hundreds of tracks on an S3. I save my VCA's to a layout and now it's not working. I miss my Custom Fader Groups on my old DCommand!! I hope AVID gets this working soon with an update. Actually, I would have been better off not using PT 2019 after all. Maybe I will go back to PT 2018 to get this function back. It would be worth it I guess.

Thanks.
The bug isn't in Pro Tools. It's in EuControl.
If you have a Dock/Control app, it's not a big deal to just advance over to your VCAs until it is fixed.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:24 AM

That's what I thought, that the problem is in EuControl. I'll have to toggle in the Dock for now I guess. You know what it's like in the heat of a mix with over 250 tracks to have to take your hands off of the console repeatedly to another device or screen to do something you're used to being able to do with the simple click of a button next to your faders. But there are worse things in life!

On retrospect though, paying for yearly updates on Pro Tools Ultimate and waiting 5 months for this update to have stuff broken that was working fine before, along with strange plug in windows popping up and disappearing all day long while trying to mix I wish I had not updated. It has broken my work flow and in many ways made it more difficult to mix on an S3. What ever benefits 2019.5 has had for some users it has not made my work experience better, but slowed it down. But, that's just me bellyaching!