Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Snats Generated in digidelivery

Has anyone had a problem of excessive snats created in digidelivery audio files? Sadly this is becomming a common problem.

We have determined that the problem is in digidelivery by comparing to original MO's delivered later. These are Snat Free!

Just wondering if anyone else has confronted this, and perhaps solved it?

Any input appreciated,

Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-18-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Snats Generated in digidelivery

We had a Delivery the other day that had Digital noise after around 30 seconds into the file. The sender claims that the source file is fine. We are trying to figure out what is going on here. I can't say with certainty that it is a Digidelivery problem. We have also encountered Deliveries that will get 3/4 through the download after upload then stop transferring and cause the Digidelivery app to quit with a crash log, causing us to get them resent, usually this fixes the problem. I would like to see more error checking to obviate this problem. I love the system for its simplicity but it does need to be a bit more robust.
my 2 c
Simon L.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 PM

Hey,
the situation with application crash after 3/4 is downloaded is very often here. No real fix. Very annoying! What are your deliveries sizes? Do you have relay switched on?

leo
Old 02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Avid

RE the app crashing part-way through download: This is caused by corruption introduced after the delivery has been compressed and encrypted. The sources of this kind of corruption are infinite: could be anything from a bad cable to outdated software in an ISPs router. We are currently testing a client with increased verification abilities to catch and correct these errors, so help is on the way.

RE Snats: This is a new term for me, so it would help if you could be more specific. More importantly, we have never had reports of audible corruption introduced by DigiDelivery (even a single snat would be unacceptable!). Because of the compression and encryption, even a single missed bit causes the download to fail, so it is very important to us to verify if the corruption is truly being introduced by DigiDelivery. Please contact [email protected] so we can help you to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks, Gordon
Old 03-02-2006, 07:28 PM

Snat: term used to describe a noise often associated w/ clocking errors in a digital system. also referred to as pops and clicks. this sound can also happen when a sound file gets corrupted.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig