Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Default Absynth 5

I have pt le 8 and just purchased Komplete 7. I am midi challenged so this might be an easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing!! One of the instruments is asynth5, I set up an instrument track...get levels in the edit window and mixer..but when I proceed to record I get no audio waveform!! I hear the audio but nothing is recorded. I also tried digi instruments and the same problem occurs. DO I need to set the busses different for instruments or do i need to use a midi controller or both or is it something else......help!!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:04 PM

Default Re: asynth5

I think you need to read the Komplete 7 manual and learn how MIDI works. MIDI is not audio, MIDI is data. There is no waveform in a MIDI track, just data.

Also read the PT8 manual, it will cover what an Instrument track and MIDI track is for.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:45 AM

Default Re: no midi vacuum

ok, another stupid question!!!! I have a mid trk and aux trk set up.Midi trk i/o is all, vacum 1-1. Aux trk i/0 is no input ,out 1-2. In the edit window I can pencil in notes in the midi window and they play back thru the aux trk. I however cannot record midi data with vacuum itself. I have no midi controller and did try playing the notes in the midi window as well...no midi data was recorded.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbabooweevil View Post
ok, another stupid question!!!! I have a mid trk and aux trk set up.Midi trk i/o is all, vacum 1-1. Aux trk i/0 is no input ,out 1-2. In the edit window I can pencil in notes in the midi window and they play back thru the aux trk. I however cannot record midi data with vacuum itself. I have no midi controller and did try playing the notes in the midi window as well...no midi data was recorded.
In your case, you'll have to use step input, the MIDI event list, or draw in the notes. I would also suggest using Instrument tracks as apposed to a MIDI and Aux track.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-26-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbabooweevil View Post
I have no midi controller and did try playing the notes in the midi window as well...no midi data was recorded.
Chirp is what you seek.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Chirp is what you seek.
Create 1 Midi track. Then 1 Instrument track and 1 audio track (usually both stereo).

Choose the virtual instrument you want, and apply it as a plugin on the instrument track.

On the midi track assign input to 'All' and output to your instrument channel 1.

Once you have chirp, or pencil in the midi data on the MIDI TRACK, that will now play your instrument. But so far you are only dealing with Midi so whilst you can hear what's being played, you can't record Audio until you assign an Audio Track to record it to.

Now on the Instrument track create a send to say bus 1-2
On the Audio track assign the input to correspond to the bus (in this case 1-2) and record enable the audio track then record. Now you will have a Wav file of what your instrument is playing.

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Mobo Bios vF6d
Intel Core i7 5930k socket 2011 v3 @ 3.50GHz
32GB DDR4 Crucial RAM
System: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Record: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Samples: Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
Storage: 2x Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Graphics
PT 11HD (v11.2.1) Omni s/pdif w Eleven Rack
HD 96I/O
Win 8.1 Pro