Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Buzzing Noises From Mac Get Recorded when tracking

Hi,

I'm Running a 2GHz G5 Mac computer with a Digi 002 Rack attached via firewire. I'm also using a yamaha motif sound module rack which is connected to my digi via firewire. When using pro tools while having an aux track routed to my motif, i can hear a relativey load buzzing noise coming from my apple G5. When turning my aux up in pro tools (which is connected to the yamaha sound module), the buzzing sound can clearly be heard through my studio monitors. it can also be seen on the aux audio level meter. The buzzing sound is pretty consistant so you can see the meter going up every half second or so. I wouldn't have a problem with thiese noises except for that they are getting recorded everytime i record audio to track. It destroy's the recording quality so every instrument (voice/synth sound) recorded has a really annoying high pitched in and out buzzing noise recorded as well.

The G5 seems to be making these noises because of the connection to the digi 002. the noises then get routed back into the digi in which the noises are heard through my speakers. like i said, the noises are getting recorded so this is something that i definely have to fix. And the noises aren't only coming through the firewire. i actually have a headphone to y adaptor cable that connects my computer (via headphone jack) to an "Alternate Source" input on my digi (via red & white cables). when i push the "ALT SRC TO MON" button on the front of my digi, i can clearly hear the buzzing noises coming through. so it seems to be getting any audio coming out from my computer.

Does any one know how to fix this or even know what it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s if any one wants to hear these buzzing noises, let me know and i'll send them to you via email. Thanks!