Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2017, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Annual Upgrade Plan Activation problem.

Lack of hubris I don't know what that means but I bet it is not a nice thing ...though I am trying to help you..

. Sorry if this sounded harsh but what do you want me to say?

I feel your pain and irritation over this but if I were you I would contact these people and ask where they got the $149 AUD for reinstatement of annual plan for lapsed licenses and point them to the Avid website.

If you have any issues with either buying the correct product or getting a refund to buy from elsewhere, either PM me or post here and I will help you get your situation resolved via Avid Support. Again I am sorry that this happened but it is a pretty quick fix either if I help you or if you get someone in the know to help you.

All the Best and Happy Holidays to You Aswell.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-22-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewklaw View Post

Here it is...
I am on an iPad now and can read your screenshot better. it say one of the boxes is active and one expired.

This might be where the problem was and the confusion of what product to get .. one say active and one says expired. Let me know if you need assistance with this.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-22-2017, 08:16 PM

"lack of hubris" is a good thing not a bad thing (unless being said sarcastically which it wasn't here)

And yes, the expired (by a long time) upgrade plan was the problem. Reinstatements don't go where renewals do and drewklaw has the wrong license code. Since that newly purchased code has gone unused, hopefully your reseller refunds you so you can buy the right one.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
"lack of hubris" is a good thing not a bad thing (unless being said sarcastically which it wasn't here)

And yes, the expired (by a long time) upgrade plan was the problem. Reinstatements don't go where renewals do and drewklaw has the wrong license code. Since that newly purchased code has gone unused, hopefully your reseller refunds you so you can buy the right one.
Thanks my friend

I can help him sort this out should he run into problems with the seller of course.

Another thing is I am amazed if he (OP) talked to 3 (three) Avid authorized sales people and all of them said it was the correct license to buy for a reinstatement Imagine if there are that many in each country telling people that this is the right product ... I can't know what any party said or how the question of annual plan purchase was phrased but in anywhich case he need to return that license and either buy the correct license update or get a full refund.

Thanks again for helping out BScout. Happy Holidays!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————