Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Dynamic Transport Question

OK so I'm late in getting to this, but I finally spent some time last night watching the PT Accelerated Video on the Dynamic Transport. Seems pretty handy, I'm wondering if any of you who use it might chime in and offer an opinion on just why someone wouldn't want to keep DT on all the time....trying to figure out what you lose by doing so....thanks!

TH
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Dynamic Transport Question

I'm quite the opposite! I keep DT on all the time and I can't imagine working in Pro Tools without it. Actually, I can imagine -- I had a session with a pre-DT version and it was a NIGHTMARE! I primarily enjoy loop-based recording (record cycles, not drum loops), so the ability to shift my cycle in time dynamically AND expand and contract as needed is bliss. Within DT, there's a way to have a zero DT section per say which effectively turns DT off, so I'm able to listen to my arranged song without looping whatsoever.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Hey where do you find the accelerated video on Dynamic transport??
Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
OK so I'm late in getting to this, but I finally spent some time last night watching the PT Accelerated Video on the Dynamic Transport. Seems pretty handy, I'm wondering if any of you who use it might chime in and offer an opinion on just why someone wouldn't want to keep DT on all the time....trying to figure out what you lose by doing so....thanks!

TH
with dt on and follow playback enabled things get very confusing with your selection, playback selection, loop selection, and pre roll all going. So most of the time for linear edditing im using follow play back head and cntrl +k to enable and disable the preroll doing allot of edits quickly. if i need to work with a loop i turn on DT and work with the loop tell im back to needing to do things in a linear fassion. There are lots of times ware i dont want to listen to the content more than once. Listen once go threw and make all my noted edits the 2nd time threw. Hopefully one more time for spot check or spot check on bounce depending on the length. no reason to have it on when i dont need an independent selection for playback can hurt when i want my playback and edit selection to be mirrored.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
Search YouTube.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
All the Accelerated Videos are still available at:
http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...0&itemid=27606

Click on Watch the videos now near the bottom.
Then scroll down the left-hand list to Pro Tools 7.3 - Dynamic Transport

Richard