Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 09-15-2006, 08:27 AM

Default \"OFF\" message

Hey all. Have been on the Venue about five days now, ( just purchased ), and am having a ball. I was starting a sound check for a band and channel fifteen said "Off" in the scribble strip. I have not seen this before, so I reset the sidecar and it came back as channel "15". Just wondering what it could have been.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: \"OFF\" message

Hey Tom,

The scribble will say 'off' for a channel if you happen to be changing banks while touching that channel's fader. A touched fader is temporarily off-line during banking to avoid unintended fader changes on the channel you are banking to. Once you've released the fader it will come back on-line in the state of the channel in the newly selected bank and the 'off' status will go away.

Glad you are enjoying the Venue and hope this answers your question.

Aaron
Old 09-16-2006, 06:16 AM

Default Re: \"OFF\" message

Thanks aarono
Old 09-05-2008, 09:17 PM

Default Re: "OFF" message

I've got a fader that That wont return back to its standard display on both Banks A and B using a Profile surface here... Is there a way to quickly reset this during operation? Its stuck saying OFF.
Thanks

Ben
Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 PM

Ben,

I have had this happen to me a number of times on the profile. Usually it happens at outdoor gigs by the water or late into the night when things start to get a bit damp after being dusty all day.

The first time this happened to me I lost 6 fader strips for a total of 12 channels and 6 effects. (18 channels lost). I called Digi's 24 hour support after mixing off of the screen for those channels and they told me that I would need to clean out the faders with some compressed air and some electronics cleaner, they assured me that it was dirt causing this to happen. After the first leg of the tour the console went back to where it came from and I asked them to clean out all of the fader modules before returning to me for the next leg.

Next leg starts and on different ocasions the same thing happens. Call Digi and they say to reset the control surface when this happens. Ok.
So, unfortunatly the only thing that works for me when the faders go south is resetting the control surface. It's scarry in a show, but I asure you it is plenty safe.

John Schirmer

Last edited by The_Shoe; 09-05-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 AM

John thanks for getting back to me... Yeah It had happened to me at rehearsal last night, So I gave resetting a try and it seemed to do the trick.

I would like to think that dust isn't the problem here, Im at a House of Worship, where I am pretty diligent about putting the dust cover on when not in use.

Thanks for the reply.

Ben
Old 09-07-2008, 01:57 PM

I had a similar problem with the "off" fader thing. Turned out to be a bad fader (on a brand new console - first weekend mixing on it!). Call Digi and they will send out a new one.
Sacramento, CA
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Avid

if releasing the fader or resetting the console doesn't resolve this, you might try lifting the fader panel and reseating the "off" fader's connection at the fader motor controller board.

oh, and there is a way to recal the faders during operation (won't interrupt audio). see this answerbase article.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=24841
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shoe View Post

... the only thing that works for me when the faders go south is resetting the control surface. It's scarry in a show, but I asure you it is plenty safe.

John Schirmer
John,

How many times have your faders exhibited this problem? Is it always the same faders? Are they all in the same bank of 8 faders (1-8 or 9-16)? I'm guessing that power-cycling the desk was suggested as a temporary fix... the permanant solution will probably involve new parts (faders or a fader motor controller).

Give us a call back when you have time to figure this out.

-Rich