Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 10:41 AM

Default iLok and Pro Tools M-Powered software.-

Hi, Administrators / Posters. I'm wondering about this iLok question with PTMP. I've read some of the post about this but I don't get to understand it completely. My idea is to buy a Pro Tools M-Powered system pretty soon. Now my questions: Isn't it enough to buy a M-Audio supported interface? Doesn't new sold M-Audio interfaces include Pro Tools M-powered software? Can I use the iLok provided with Pro Tools M-Powered with all other iLok stuffs suchs as plugin authorizations? or do I need one iLok for each plugin or piece of software I want to authorize?

Thank you all and I hope you can help me to get decided between LE or MP system.

Alejandro Desalvo.- | Audio
Old 05-21-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: iLok and Pro Tools M-Powered software.-

You transfer 'assets' to your iLok but you will be buying into iLok's little monopoly. Selling thoe assets or even upgrading them is a pain in the gazzo. It may be best to simply have a hub dedicated to all your separate iLoks. Read very carefully all the ins/outs of transfering assets to an iLok especially if you get into Waves products.

Good luck on your choice between MP and LE. It's a tough call. I do't think the M-Audio gear is quite as good as the Digi gear and quite pricy. It is a bit more user/apps friendly though.

And if you haven't yet, check and double check the compatability page! You have to read between the lines on a lot of it.
DigiOO2 Factory