Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default Blue Cat Audio PatchWork 2.1 Released - Adds 25 Built-in FX, Zoomable GUI and more...

Dear Pro Tools Users,

We are happy to announce Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.1, a new version of our "virtual patchbay for audio plug-ins".

This new version includes 25 new built-in audio effects that can be mixed together with third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins to create custom effects and instruments patches that can used in Pro Tools and shared with other Digital Audio Workstations. PatchWork can now load itself as a built-in effect to reuse presets into more complex chains, independently from the chosen plug-in format.

The Graphical User Interface (GUI) of PatchWork 2.1 and it sbuilt-in plug-ins can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%, and a new option is available to keep loaded plug-ins always on top of other windows.

In addition to new features and fixes (full list below), We have also added 75 new presets with effects, and a new quick start video tutorial (see below) to help you get the best of this new release.

Demo versions of the software can be downloaded on our website in most popular plug-in formats, and a standalone application is also available. The update is free for existing PatchWork V2 owners and can be downloaded from the same location as the original version 2.0 (link received by email upon purchase).

What's New:
- Added 25 new built-in effects borrowed from Blue Cat's Late Replies: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- 75 New presets using built-in effects.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- Load PatchWork into itself as a built-in effect.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed wrong number of channels used when hosted plug-in input set to manual and output to auto.
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- VST2: fixed a crash in Wavelab.
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Windows: fixed plug-in windows not showing on displays on the left or above the main display.

PatchWork Overview Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFbD_889z4

Getting Started with PatchWork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ocv6ez5-8c

Enjoy!
Old 11-09-2017, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat Audio PatchWork 2.1 Released - Adds 25 Built-in FX, Zoomable GUI and mor

Thanks for the bonus extras!

PS - a joy to download - way quicker than most ....
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat Audio PatchWork 2.1 Released - Adds 25 Built-in FX, Zoomable GUI and mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Thanks for the bonus extras!

PS - a joy to download - way quicker than most ....
I got this today and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The package of plugins that come with it are really quite useful. And I love how easy PW is to use and get a nice set up with. (I know that sentence is a grammatical nightmare!)

Old 11-09-2017, 05:13 PM

Twenty five additional plugins for the price of a free up-date, now that's something we don't see a lot!

Thanks Blue Cat!

Just for fun I tried loading PatchWork as a plug-in within PatchWork. Then I loaded PW in PW in PW.

Then I got dizzy and frankly, a little scared. This is a rabbit hole into infinity!

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 11-09-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy-T View Post
Twenty five additional plugins for the price of a free up-date, now that's something we don't see a lot!

Thanks Blue Cat!

Just for fun I tried loading PatchWork as a plug-in within PatchWork. Then I loaded PW in PW in PW.

Then I got dizzy and frankly, a little scared. This is a rabbit hole into infinity!

T
I'm loving this update - it's something I've needed after the cruddy couple of weeks I've had here. Thanks Blue Cat for this

I have one setup where I host MB7-2 inside Patchwork to make a multiband compressor using any combination of LA2A and 1176 style compressorswith a limiter back in Patchwork. Hairy to setup and it can get away from one if one is not careful. Think a C6 on steroids and you're close.

QAPLA!
Old 11-09-2017, 08:46 PM

How does one upgrade from v1.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
Dear Pro Tools Users,

We are happy to announce Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.1, a new version of our "virtual patchbay for audio plug-ins".

This new version includes 25 new built-in audio effects that can be mixed together with third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins to create custom effects and instruments patches that can used in Pro Tools and shared with other Digital Audio Workstations. PatchWork can now load itself as a built-in effect to reuse presets into more complex chains, independently from the chosen plug-in format.

The Graphical User Interface (GUI) of PatchWork 2.1 and it sbuilt-in plug-ins can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%, and a new option is available to keep loaded plug-ins always on top of other windows.

In addition to new features and fixes (full list below), We have also added 75 new presets with effects, and a new quick start video tutorial (see below) to help you get the best of this new release.

Demo versions of the software can be downloaded on our website in most popular plug-in formats, and a standalone application is also available. The update is free for existing PatchWork V2 owners and can be downloaded from the same location as the original version 2.0 (link received by email upon purchase).

What's New:
- Added 25 new built-in effects borrowed from Blue Cat's Late Replies: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed wrong number of channels used when hosted plug-in input set to manual and output to auto.
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- Windows: fixed plug-in windows not showing on displays on the left or above the main display.

Enjoy!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Blue Cat Audio

Glad that you like it! There has indeed been a fair amount of work for this update, even if we borrowed the effects from the Late Replies creative delay plug-in.

Quote:
And I love how easy PW is to use and get a nice set up with. (I know that sentence is a grammatical nightmare!)

Quote:
Just for fun I tried loading PatchWork as a plug-in within PatchWork. Then I loaded PW in PW in PW. Then I got dizzy and frankly, a little scared. This is a rabbit hole into infinity!
If you properly rename each instance and do not use too many levels (you may get lost otherwise), it can actually be quite useful. There are a few presets using this technique, and we simply chose to use the preset name for each sub-instance.

Quote:
If you go to the full version download page (link received by email upon purchase), there should be a link to upgrade to V2 at the top of the page.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
It's a pay-for upgrade. Go to the page you downloaded the paid-for version of Patchwork you were sent when you purchased it. There should be a sentence towards the top of the page saying that Version 2 is now available and a hyperlink saying 'click here to purchase'. The direct link to the upgrade purchase page is this: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Buy/Pro..._PatchWork_V1/
if the price is still good the upgrade is $19 US or 19 EUR

QAPLA!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Blue Cat Audio

The upgrade price indeed remains unchanged.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
Dear Pro Tools Users,

What's New:

Enjoy!
I am very happy with the "old" version. before I install the update, can you tell me one thing?
need the 2.1 version more CPU when I use it without the extra FX?