Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 PM

Angry Frustrated with C400 / SE combo

So, everything was fine. Then I broke down my gear packed it up for vacation. Then I hooked everything back up and it wont recognize an avid device. I have tried all of my USB ports, including rebooting in between. Now I am in the process of installing the lates driver. Even that isnt going smoothly!!! Where do they do their QA testing? Or do they???

Has anyone had this problem?

I am starting to see why people like Apple. I am a life long I.T. Guy, but I am getting older and like spending more of my time doing what I set out to, and less time doing software companies jobs for them, maybe that means its time to start looking at Apple products.

Any ideas appreciated.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Frustrated with C400 / SE combo

Hello,

Try using another usb cable. By chance it may have a break somewhere.

Hope this helps,
Dcader10
Old 07-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Unhappy Re: Frustrated with C400 / SE combo

I have tried that. I actually can get it working by re-installing the driver. However, every-time the system is rebooted or the device disconnected it is unrecognized again the next time I try. This is very frustrating.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 PM

I use the M-Audio Fastrack USB interface with the bundled software M-Audio Session. I had loaded these up on my laptop. Later I got the M-Audio Mobile Pre interface that came with Pro Tools SE and also loaded these up on the laptop hoping to use each by interchanging the interfaces when I wanted to use each particular program. It seems my interface would not be recognized after using the program. I was told that the drivers for each was the problem and that I would have to load each driver for the program I wanted to use. It seemed a hassle so I just uninstalled the first program and Fastrack driver and put it on my desktop. I now use them separately. I don't know if you have other software or interface drivers that may be causing a conflict like I had.

Dcader10
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Hi!
Having problems with C400/SE combo also.
I installed everything as instructed. Actually did it twice...
Pro tools installs with no error messages, but when I try to start it, it doesn't respond. Load screen appears but it suddenly just goes away leaving me with frustration.

I first installed Pro Tools SE, choose "other SE compatible product" from four choices that comes up with the installation.

After installing PT I downloaded C400 driver from m-audio.com/drivers
Driver installs with no error messages and functions well.

What to do? Please help me, I need to start recording.

EDIT: I went through the problem fixing guide on Windows 7 and it suggested to run PT with windows XP (service pack 2)
Pro Tools stays on a bit longer but it says I need to connect my hardware. AND IT IS ALREADY CONNECTED. Although it doesn't matter because the program shuts down in about 10 seconds.

Last edited by Rasedan; 09-04-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: New information