Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2019, 04:26 AM

Default Avid Omni Digital Out Problem

I'm having an issue with the Omni digital output connected to my MacPro 2012 digital in and would appreciate some help. I'm trying to use output 7-8 to the digital in on my mac. I've got it working fine in the opposite direction with digital in on the Omni from the mac digital out but I'm stumped with getting it going the way I need it to.
When optical S/PDIF is selected in Optical Output Format the Optical S/PDIF option for the output is greyed out. When ADAT optical output format is selected the ADAT outs show but the S/PDIF is greyed out. Not sure if this is the problem? I've tried all the ADAT outputs but nothing happening. Maybe I've missed something simple?

Screengrabs attached... Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Omni Screengrab 1.jpeg (70.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Omni Screengrab 2.jpg (39.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Omni Screengrab 3.jpg (45.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2019, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Avid Omni Digital Out Problem

I've solved the problem in case anyone comes across the same issue.

In Monitor tab of Hardware Setup I had my ALT 1-2 set to Digital which was causing the Optical S/PDIF option to be greyed out. Switched them to a different output and solved :)