Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 07-25-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Beat Detective Question:Remixing Track w.out grid!

Hi. I was wondering if this is possible, I have a feeling it BEAT DETECTIVE can do this. I didn't record this band to a click, altough the drummer was in pretty good time. I want to remix the track with a loop, there for I need the exact bpm of the track and need to be able to snap the track to a grid. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance!
Dan
Old 07-26-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Beat Detective Question:Remixing Track w.out g

Beat Detective should do a decent job of finding the bpm. Also, I believe you can have beat detective create the grid for you. If it's not Beat Detective, there is a setting where you can customize the grid like you want...I just read about it...sorry I can't remember more details right now.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Beat Detective Question:Remixing Track w.out g

Beat Detective should do a decent job of finding the bpm. Also, I believe you can have beat detective create the grid for you based on your existing drum track and then edit to that. If it's not Beat Detective, there is a setting where you can customize the grid like you want...I just read about it...sorry I can't remember more details right now.