Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-10-2017, 02:28 PM

Default Structure 2.0.7. Samples not loaded.

Good morning. I've problems with structure (2.07). I use Pro tools (12.07). When i try to open some patch, i receive a message of missed files.

I've try fresh reinstall (and re-download the installer)- delete PT pref, DB etc.
The files are in the right position, but if i try to chose the right directory (after the error of missed files) it's the same, the problem persist.

AIR not reply at my email and FB page. Someone can help me? or have similar problems?

Thanks, Davide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (70.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Structure 2.0.7. Samples not loaded.

Make sure those 7 "DVD" folders with the .wav files are in the same location as the patch folders. You may have to find them and put them there.

Hope this helps,
Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 01-11-2017, 04:38 AM

Hi Greg. Thanks for the reply. The 7 Dvd are in the folder "Structure Encrypted Samples", that is sub-folder of "Structure Factory Libraries". In this folder there are the 7 DVD (non in wav but .big files). I've tryed to move the 7 DVD in the "Structure Factory Libraries" (where are the patch). Then delete the preferences and rescan and rebuild the DB. Some file works, others no. I think that there is a different problem. This happens when a try to open a second (or third) patch in the same structure istance.

For example i open i "fat kit XXL" (drum) on the patch 1, then i try to open another patch with "big finger bass" and at this time i receive a error of "missing file".

Sometime happens that, if i open several instances of structure (many instruments tracks, with one structure for each one, and ONE patch for each one) usually works fine (max 8 or 9 instance, then the problem reappears). But is strange because structure is engineered to work with a multiple pacths with the same istance (i think).

And each time the "missing files" are not the same. Sometimes could be the "big finger bass", sometimes "string sect legato vel"....etc.

I've 32 GB of ram on my mac...and i not think hardware problems. I don't know if is the version of PT. On line i've found this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQXGSLJRp4 .

But i don't have a backup of old library. If someone have suggestions, thanks!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
Make sure those 7 "DVD" folders with the .wav files are in the same location as the patch folders. You may have to find them and put them there.

Hope this helps,
Greg
Yes, that is right. Its not enough to have the patch files in one location. You must have the subfolders that contain all the WAV samples for the same patches in the same place. On my system, I use a dedicated hard drive for all my various samples, including those for Structure. I moved all the Structure factory presets to a folder on that drive along with all the sample files. When I add a new sample/patch, I put them there as well so ALL my Structure patches and the associated sample files are in one place. Once you point the Structure browser to that place, you should be good to go.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:13 AM

Thank to every one. this morning i've wrote a reply to Greg but...there isn't here! (is like structure). I've tried to do what you say. Something work..and something no (is like before to move the files). But why AIR release installer that doesn't work? why?!?!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave81 View Post
Thank to every one. this morning i've wrote a reply to Greg but...there isn't here! (is like structure). I've tried to do what you say. Something work..and something no (is like before to move the files). But why AIR release installer that doesn't work? why?!?!
AIR has ALWAYS had problems with their installers. No idea why they can't fix that!

Old 01-12-2017, 03:16 PM

Hi everyone. I've wrote this mail at Air instr. Now i'll wait a their reply. If i can solve, i'll post the solution here!

Good morning. i’m Davide Martini.
I write to you because i need assistance with one of yours product. Structure 2.0.7.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work properly.

I’ve Pro tools 12.07 (now, before 12.6 but the problem was the same).

The problem is when i try to load multiple patch in the same istance of structure.
I receive a message of “missing files”.

In order, i've tried these solutions for to try to fix it.

1)Re-install structure with fresh installation.
2)re-download new installers (for mac at first and then for Windows) and re-install with new installation.
3)trashing Pro tools preference.
4)trashing the “com.structure…” plist.
5)rebuild DB of Structure.
6)re-set the correct folder of patch and samples files.
7)move all the samples files in ONE folder, under the patch folder (but both under "Structure Factory Libraries").
8)downloaded the installer for windows and tried to use this samples.
9)checked the dimensions of the samples files (Mac and Win). Are absolutely identical, byte by byte.

BUT, IT NOT WORK. none of the attempts that i’ve described, has solved.

And it’s funny that if, (for example) i open i "fat kit XXL" (drum) on the patch 1 (assuming that loaded it), then i try to open another patch, for example “Big finger bass”, at this point i receive a error of "missing file" (for example 750 missed files on this patch).

IF unload all patch, and then i try to load the second one (big finger bass), ok, it work.
But if i try to load another patch (2), for example "fat kit XXL" …i receive “missing files” on this patch! But before…no problems to load it!
And each time the "missing files" are not the same. Sometimes could be the "big finger bass", sometimes "string sect legato vel"....etc.

There are many people that have bad experience with this release.

I’ve spent many time (days and work) to try to fix this, but without results.

How i can resolve this?

Thanks, Davide.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:54 AM

Please see attached images (for Windows) – as suggested by Greg M and DonaldM.

Structure Encrypted Samples Folder (in Structure Factory Libraries Folder) on my Samples drive (K:)
K:\AIR Music Technology\AIR Content\Structure\Structure Factory Libraries\Structure Encrypted Samples

Copy Structure Presets from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AIR Music Technology\Structure\Presets

Paste them here:
C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Structure

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:43 AM

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly the problem seems different. I'm in contact with the AIR support to solve this problem. Is not the problem of the place, path etc, but may be a bug with Pro tools (on mac Osx, i don't know on windows). And usually the problems appears when i try to load the third patch. I've a mac pro 5,1, 32 Gb of ram, hex core. Is not a hardware problem. As soon as AIR reply me, i'll post the solution here. I hope..!

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2017, 06:45 AM

here a little video of what happen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut5vtye7b2...e%201.mp4?dl=0