Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM

Default NAB, Digi and Avid?

This may be a little odd or out of the ordinary for the DUC but I feel that it neede to be mentioned.

While at NAB this year there seems to be a major shift happening with all of the companies Avid owns. It looks like Avid is wrapping all of the other seperate companies into one giant Avid company. The Digi presence had a really different feel than in years past. I noticed that there was no real product representation from the Venue live sound division of Digi. I did see Robert and Sheldon walking the floor and was able to get some really tremendous support and answers to a few questions from Robert (Thanks again Robert) but things felt really different than the past few years since the introduction of Venue to the Digi scene without any physical Venue product on the floor (aside from the profile being used to acutally mix the product demos at the large screen preview).

I just wanted to take a moment and thank Robert and Sheldon for everything they do for us on the DUC and even more with the Webinars. We are all really lucky to have the kind of access to them that we do. Sometimes we forget what an asset they are to the Venue community and with all of the changes that seem to be on the horizon with the new Avid I just wanted to share my observation from the ground level while at NAB this year.

Please keep up the great work. It doesn't go unnoticed or appreciated by the community. I believe that any great product is only as good as the people behind it and supprot they provide. So when it comes to Venue and live sound from Digi, both Robert and Sheldon make it that much better. Please keep finding new ways to bring the great products and Webinars coming. I know for me you both have been a life saver on more than one occasion.

brian victor
Old 04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Avid

Default Re: NAB, Digi and Avid?

Thanks for the very kind words Brian! We will do our best to keep the products and the knowledge flowing my friend. Thanks for your loyalty and your support.