Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2008, 12:55 PM

Default Moving M-Box 2 Sessions into ProTools 002 Rack to Record and Then Back to M-Box 2

I am using ProTools LE 7.4cs7, Mac OS 10.4.11 on a 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon.

I copied a ProTools LE M-Box 2 session over to my ProTools LE 002 Rack system to record some additional tracks for a client, and I was then going to save the additions and give the client a copy of the modified session with the additional tracks. After moving the M-Box 2 session I noticed that the record inputs names did not match those with my 002 Rack - I could not choose an input that was inherent with my 002 Rack. I could not figure out how to change the M-Box 2 inputs in the session to match 002 Rack inputs to record - and then change the inputs back to the M-Box 2 for the client. Does anyone know how to do this? This will be a regularly requested activity with this client. Please advise. Thank you.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Moving M-Box 2 Sessions into ProTools 002 Rack to Record and Then Back to M-Box 2

You use the I/O Setup window for this. You can always switch to the default I/O for the current interface pretty quickly by using the "default" button. Check out the manual/reference guide for more info.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Moving M-Box 2 Sessions into ProTools 002 Rack to Record and Then Back to M-Box 2

Thanks for your initial reply. I did read the pages in the reference guide associated with I/O settings; and also spent some time in the I/O set-up window and had the following observations:

On the I/O setup window there are four tabs - Input, Output, Insert, Bus. At the bottom of the I/O window there are two buttons - Import and Export. I found that both the Import/Export functions work well but only for the current tab you are viewing - NOT for the group of settings (Input, Output, Insert, Bus). The problem with this approach is that you will need to save four separate Export settings files for say the M-Box 2 default settings so that you can Import them later to replace the 002 Rack default settings.

Is there a way to save a complete I/O settings file for the M-Box 2 that includes all four settings - Input, Output, Insert, Bus? Again, I receive sessions from a client who creates the initial sessions with his M-Box 2, so I need to change the I/O settings to match my 002 Rack to record additional tracks (easy with the Default settings). Then, I need to be able to return the I/O settings to match his M-Box 2 before I return the session to him. Any idea how to do this as "one Exported settings file" rather creating four separate M-Box 2 I/O settings files?