Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 PM

Default PT M Audio 7.3.1 and Project Mix I/O

hi guys!
I would like to know if anyone have news about all those issues with this software, since I upgraded my PT 2 months ago and never used it yet because of this:

A) when opening a session, the faders do not label themselves correctly. This happens intermittantly.
B) when opening a session, the faders do not jump to their respective positions as set in the session.

C) after experiencing B) when clicking an individual track, the faders jump to the correct position
as the projmix has been updated with the information for that specific track, the session performs as normal
from this point forward.
D) similar actions occur for the labeling when clicking on an individual track, it updates the projectmix
screen to the correct labeling...
This seems to indicate the initial send of information to the projectmix to define the fader labeling and
the fader position is not being sent correctly to initialize the projmix.

E) When closing a session, ALL the faders are stuck in the positions left during the session...
This happens intermittantly...
F) Sometimes SOME of the faders jump down to the lowest setting and SOME of faders stay in the position
left during the session
G) Labeling is usually blanked out to underscores "_______" but sometimes they do not.
There is some change since 7.1.1, where when a session was closed all labeling changed to underscores
and the faders jumped down to the lowest setting of the fader... since the 7.3 update and the projmix
driver update, these inconsistencies have been occurring for me. The initialization of the faders and
labeling back to the default positions does not seem to work as it did in 7.1.x

My computer is incredibily slow when I try to open PT 7.3.1, I cannot even load a song, track, or anything.

I am also having issues with the LCD display on the channel faders since updating to PT 7.3 and 7.3.1

1) I have excecuted the Digi recommended trashing of pref in the troubleshooting guide.
This does not solve the issue.

2) there is an update to the Maudio driver for the projmix 1.8.1v3 released in dec 2006
I have installed this driver, This does not solve the issue.

3) I have made sure that the perpheral prefs are set to the hui>projectmix in the midi options

There is no driver update on M-Audio website sinte Dec/06, I sent emails and never get back answers, Digidesign introduced the new PT 7.3.1, the latest update is the PT 7.3.1cs2, and did not resolve anything regarding this situation, I don't understand why they sold this new version if we are not able to use it!!!!!! Its almost 3 months and I still have to use the old version ( PT 7.1 )!!!!!!!!!!

Any answers DIGIDESIGN??
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: PT M Audio 7.3.1 and Project Mix I/O

HI
Same problem here

Waves mercury Bundle
Massey Plug-ins
AIR Creative Bundle
many Audio gears...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: PT M Audio 7.3.1 and Project Mix I/O

if you read the entire thread where you copied the text from you would know that
the 1.7.4 M-audio firewire driver fixes the fader issue.

m-audio is aware of this minor bug and we all expect them to address it when the next
driver update is issued. your projmix should operate as normal when you progress through
the session and actually starts using tracks if you refuse to rollback to an earlier driver revision.

the slowness of PTMP is not known why this happens for you.. are you recording to
the hard drive which the operating system is on? are you using a USB external drive?
too many unknowns.. go through the troubleshooting guide on the main page is my
only suggestion.

best of luck,
EBC