Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 AM

Default Tracks Muting/Un-muting Randomly

Random tracks are randomly muting and un-muting themselves. I have no automation on them what so ever and it happens during playback only. It won't do it during a bounce BUT while I'm mixing it does and its just annoying as all heck. Any solutions to this or reasons why this would be happening?

I am running PT10 on Mavericks which was supposed to be a no no, could this be the cause of it or is this a separate matter?

Thanks Everyone
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Tracks Muting/Un-muting Randomly

After messing with my playback engine options now pro tools seems to say I lack CPU power and I clearly have enough power. I had updated to 10.3.9 to take advantage of the aax compatibility and that caused the muting/un-muting problem. Tried 10.3.8 same issue but started the CPU error and reinstalled 10.3.9 and now my sessions won't play at all because of the "lack of CPU" pro tools is claiming.

Someone help with suggestions on what I should do? Should I just drop back down to an earlier version of PT10 and say to hell with the aax? Even though I have some nice plugins in that format....
Old 01-20-2019, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Tracks Muting/Un-muting Randomly

I realize my response is 5 years late.... but I have been noticing that I will have random muting when my plugin licenses need to be refreshed. After I refresh the licenses things work great.

I have a few licenses which are leased through Gobbler, Splice, Eventide, etc. which have to refresh their licenses once a month or something. If they don't they go into demo mode or something.

Anyway the fix that has been working for me is to refresh my plugin licenses.