Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2010, 11:58 AM

Angry Jerky quicktime!!! Still!!!

When will this problem be adressed finally? i'm tired of posting my sys-specs etc....

Video stuttering still randomly happens on 8.01-8.1 CS 2. with every codec etc...

PLZ DIGI!!! FIX IT!!!

beamsync off, CS updates, NOTHING EVER WORKED FOR ME.

I'm longer willing to spend 10k for a HD System that isn't even able to give me the safeness of good video playback, this is blaming me in front of my clients regularly!!!

Really, PLEASE ADRESS THIS! this really sucks!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Jerky quicktime!!! Still!!!

I'm a customer but I've done a lot of testing with QuickTime and Pro Tools, so I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, if that's ok - I apologize that I don't know where your other posts are, so...
I'm assuming you're on a G5 with OS X 10.5.8
I'm also assuming your QuickTime is on a second monitor off the display card and that they are both DVI. Let me know if this is not the case.
1) Are your monitors both set at the same resolution? If not, does setting them both at the same resolution help?
2) Assuming the QT is on the second monitor (with nothing from the first monitor overlapping onto the second), does making the QT window *slightly* smaller make a difference? Does the jitter go away with QT at 1/2 size on the second monitor?
3) If you completely hide the Pro Tools windows on the main monitor does the stuttering completely go away on the QuickTime monitor?
4) If you move your QuickTime picture to the main monitor (leaving the PT counters visible) does it still stutter?

dc
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Jerky quicktime!!! Still!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Caccavo View Post

I'm a customer but I've done a lot of testing with QuickTime and Pro Tools, so I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, if that's ok - I apologize that I don't know where your other posts are, so...

I'm assuming you're on a G5 with OS X 10.5.8
no, on 2x 2,93 Quad Core with 6GB Ram and Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (but i also had this problem with 10.5.8)

Quote:
I'm also assuming your QuickTime is on a second monitor off the display card and that they are both DVI. Let me know if this is not the case.
no i got two GT120 on the first are the two apple cinemas, on the third a Beamer or LCD (set to 1080p / 720 or the same Interlaced), also tried different configurations (LCD on the first card alone etc...)

Quote:
1) Are your monitors both set at the same resolution? If not, does setting them both at the same resolution help?
same resolution
Quote:
2) Assuming the QT is on the second monitor (with nothing from the first monitor overlapping onto the second), does making the QT window *slightly* smaller make a difference? Does the jitter go away with QT at 1/2 size on the second monitor?
jitter is only gone when the quicktime window is on the first monitor (with full or half size - when the window "touches" another screen, the stutter starts again)
[/QUOTE]
Quote:
3) If you completely hide the Pro Tools windows on the main monitor does the stuttering completely go away on the QuickTime monitor?
absolutely not.

Quote:
4) If you move your QuickTime picture to the main monitor (leaving the PT counters visible) does it still stutter?
as i said this sometimes help.

Beamsync enable/disable didnt help, PT 8.0 to 8.1 jitter, CS update didnt help, normally about 3-4 restarts help, deleting prefs never helps, sometimes disabling eternet helps,

changing resolution or codec never help, jitter goes down to 320xsomething also at every frame rate.

thanks for your help.

thomas