Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 12-29-2015, 08:32 AM

Default Waves 9.6 and newer do not support TDM

Just a heads up to everyone, do not update to waves v9.6 if you are running a TDM system. Just got this email from waves:

Quote:
Dear Valued Waves user,

As of January 2016, Waves will stop supporting the TDM format. Any plugins installed or updated via the Waves Central application will not support TDM and will cause previously installed plugins to not support TDM.

If you need TDM support, please visit this page to download an offline installer, covering the most recent versions of TDM-compatible Waves software.

Best regards,
The Waves Team

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 12-29-2015, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Waves 9.6 and newer do not support TDM

Yeah I got this to I've downloaded the offline installer I'm still not completely sure what happens if you do update do you lose your licenses ??

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 12-29-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
I'm still not completely sure what happens if you do update do you lose your licenses ??
Try it and let us know.

...Any plug-ins installed or updated via the Waves Central application will not support TDM and will cause previously installed plug-ins to not support TDM.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:46 PM

Default Waves drops TDM support

Not sure where to put this and if one of the moderators can find a better spot - move it at will. Got an email this morning and Waves as of January 2016 will no longer support TDM format plugins. Here's the text of the email:

Dear Valued Waves user,

As of January 2016, Waves will stop supporting the TDM format. Any plugins installed or updated via the Waves Central application will not support TDM and will cause previously installed plugins to not support TDM.

If you need TDM support, please visit this page to download an offline installer, covering the most recent versions of TDM-compatible Waves software.

Best regards,
The Waves Team

and here's a link to the Waves page for mroe as well as the offline installer: http://www.waves.com/support/tdm-no-longer-supported-waves-v9-6-or-later

QAPLA!
Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Waves drops TDM support

Surprised it took them this long.

TDM PT rigs are frozen forever at PT10.3.10 and whatever OS. They'd be stupid to put any more resources into its development.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Surprised it took them this long.

TDM PT rigs are frozen forever at PT10.3.10 and whatever OS. They'd be stupid to put any more resources into its development.
Is it stupid to support a platform that tons of studios and music pro's are still using because HDX is not usable as a DSP based system due to a profound lack of proper DSP plugins. For quite awhile tracking and mixing music did not involve jumping through hoops and making compromises to your workflow. The only platform that exists in that form is still Pro Tools TDM.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:27 PM

Waves is dropping future support for TDM.
Waves has released an offline installer that will put everything that is TDM today on your machine. So in essence any PT10HD TDM rigs that work with Waves will work with this installer. So what does "dropping support mean"? No more new stuff for TDM. I fail to understand why this would upset anyone. The system (TDM) has been EOL for years.
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 12-29-2015, 06:54 PM

EOL for the manufacturers, not EOL for the users. TDM still is the only system that doesn't make the user jump through hoops in order to get the pro job done.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Is it stupid to support a platform that tons of studios and music pro's are still using because HDX is not usable as a DSP based system due to a profound lack of proper DSP plugins. For quite awhile tracking and mixing music did not involve jumping through hoops and making compromises to your workflow. The only platform that exists in that form is still Pro Tools TDM.
Right, so just as TDM rigs are frozen with regard to OS and PT version, so should Waves' plugins. It makes perfect sense.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Yeah I got this to I've downloaded the offline installer I'm still not completely sure what happens if you do update do you lose your licenses ??
I had a similar question so I called tech support. Apparently anything 'new' that you install moving forward will remove & update any current Waves TDM plugins, thereby rendering Waves TDM unusable. Bottomline, TDM users are now frozen at current version & unable to to do any updates or buy new plugins without running risk of losing their present TDM functionality. Unless you're willing to create a dual boot system where one is 'frozen' & the other 'updatable'.