Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2024, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Digi 003 Firewire on macOS Monterey

Hey Paul,
as I found all these components in my System Folders I uploaded them for You to try it with this final command:
https://we.tl/t-dhzMBotjvl

Hey Basslik,
that means, that Your DIGI 003 is still beeing recognized after this update?
(yeah, it will take some time with the patcher, I know...)

I'm not shure if Ventura will work on 5.1... I hate this operating system... you have to handle it like a smart phone... the system prefs-a nightmare... but it works fine one my MacBookPro 17" Mid 2010... I use it only for Internet, Documents, watching Films...

Best,
Helen
Old 01-25-2024, 01:01 AM

something did't work, I hope this post does not appear twice...

Hey Paul...

I found all these compnents of the DIGI 003 in my sytem folders, here is a download for you to try it once again by placing it manually (for this please doublle check the video, and try this final command ;-):
https://we.tl/t-dhzMBotjvl

Hey Basslik,
that means that your 003 is still beeing recognized?
yeah, I know, with this patcher it takes a while...

By the way, Ventura runs great on my MacBookPro 17" Mid 2010... OK, I only use it for bureaucratic purposes (and watching movies.).. but I hate this operating system, the system prefs are a nightmare... looks like a smart phone screen

Best,
Helen
Old 01-25-2024, 07:07 AM

THANX soooo much for the second video... the commands below the video helped sooo much... Ventura now accepts my 003-yeah!!!

I tried it several times... before I realized, that I had to replace all the components Neyrinc placed correctly before----the unpacked ones have to be used without ecxeption (for those who weren't lucky with Neyrinck before and already found the components in the Library Folder...).

And-Paul, very important:

You have to shut down your computer once again, connect the 003 to your computer and turn it on before you start the computer.
(it's the same on my 5.1 with Monterey-Pro Tools only accepts the 003 when it was turned on before starting the computer).

Bestbestbest,
Helen
Old 01-25-2024, 09:47 AM

YAY and Hallelujah!
"Basslik"'s latest video worked! Thanks a bunch!

reposting it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662ZUo15Cnc

It still took a long time to go through the video, but it worked.
And, for the record, I'm on OS Monterey 12.7.3

I did get an error in entering commands to expand the installer package in Terminal: "Error encountered while creating pkg. Error 17: File exists"
Huh?
By chance, I scrolled through the open finder window and there was the "pkg."

After that, it went pretty easy.

Further suggestion from Jace in the video: Close and save a Session BEFORE changing interfaces. I was hoping I could use both the Scarlett and the 003 together, and I'll look for a way to do that at some other time, but this still helps A LOT!

Thanks again to all y'all's!

Paul
Old 01-25-2024, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundweaver View Post
THANX soooo much for the second video... the commands below the video helped sooo much... Ventura now accepts my 003-yeah!!!

I tried it several times... before I realized, that I had to replace all the components Neyrinc placed correctly before----the unpacked ones have to be used without ecxeption (for those who weren't lucky with Neyrinck before and already found the components in the Library Folder...).

And-Paul, very important:

You have to shut down your computer once again, connect the 003 to your computer and turn it on before you start the computer.
(it's the same on my 5.1 with Monterey-Pro Tools only accepts the 003 when it was turned on before starting the computer).

Bestbestbest,
Helen
That is great to hear.

Are you running your 003 on a Pro 5,1 with Ventura >?

Old 01-25-2024, 04:06 PM

I'm working on a Mac Pro 5.1 with Monterey 12.6.5 and I soon want to upgrade to the latest version of Monterey because Pro Tools 23.12 seems to need it...
I am a bit scary if the 003 will be recognized after this upgrade... so I tested the Terminal-thing on my old MacBookPro running Ventura, just in case... a bit nerdy, I know... I was just interested to see if I manage to do it ;-)

Where did you get the information that 5.1 running Ventura could be difficult?
Don't know of some of my colleagues of the German Sound Designer Community already upgraded to Ventura... some are still working with the 5.1...

Greeets
Old 01-25-2024, 04:52 PM

I've succeeded in getting the 003 up and running! And I'm on Monterey 12.7.3.
I sent an earlier post/reply, but for some reason "Admin" needs to review it, so I thought I'd at least let folks know that it can be done. The last video "basslik" posted worked great! However, I cannot seem to use both the 0033 and the Scarlett at the same time. And Jace (from the video) says to close a session before switching between interfaces. That will be my next "quest"; probably has to do with the optical in/outs ...
However, the console will control a session (playback, mute, solo, etc.) even if the Scarlett is the playback engine. Yay!

Last edited by pscott57; 01-25-2024 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-25-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundweaver View Post
I'm working on a Mac Pro 5.1 with Monterey 12.6.5 and I soon want to upgrade to the latest version of Monterey because Pro Tools 23.12 seems to need it...
I am a bit scary if the 003 will be recognized after this upgrade... so I tested the Terminal-thing on my old MacBookPro running Ventura, just in case... a bit nerdy, I know... I was just interested to see if I manage to do it ;-)

Where did you get the information that 5.1 running Ventura could be difficult?
Don't know of some of my colleagues of the German Sound Designer Community already upgraded to Ventura... some are still working with the 5.1...

I was wondering if you had Ventura on the 5,1. I know it doesn't work I believe cause it's geared for Apple Silicon Kexts.

You'll have no problems if you upgrade to Monterey 12.7.3. I updated lasted night and all is working even snappier than Monterey 12.7.1 or 2.

Although I used OCLP, I just needed to apply the root patches again, but the digi 003 driver is solid and in place.

Greeets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscott57 View Post
I've succeeded in getting the 003 up and running! And I'm on Monterey 12.7.3.
I sent an earlier post/reply, but for some reason "Admin" needs to review it, so I thought I'd at least let folks know that it can be done. The last video "basslik" posted worked great! However, I cannot seem to use both the 003 and the Scarlett at the same time. And Jace (from the video) says to close a session before switching between interfaces. That will be my next "quest"; probably has to do with the optical in/outs ...

The Scarlette does not have ADAT out. So will not work together. Well maybe an additional 2 more channels via SPDIF.

I run 18tracks. 8 on the digi003 / 8 on the Digimax FS, and another 2 channels through my LEX PCM90 via SPDIF

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=337644

Old 01-25-2024, 05:51 PM

Aha! Thanks again, "basslik".
After noodling around with toslink cables, I found that out ...
Still great to have the 003 up and running
Old 01-25-2024, 06:59 PM

You are very welcomed.

Off the Wall is the post that sparked my interest in updating Monterey, and I'm glad I did. Although only one small hiccup. I have to force quit Pro Tools. I tried running Martin Lo's script too, and I still have to force quit. Oh well, no biggie; everything runs way snappier, though.

Yeah I had this setup for 12 years and recently couldn't resist getting the BLA Digi 003 rack Signature Series for pennies on the dollar. It does sound great on the low end, and can hear the difference from my Digi 003 Console.

WOW pscott57

Realized you live in Willits.

I lived in Ukiah back in 1980 with my uncle. Truly the funnest times in my teens. Seen Sammy Hagar play in a back yard party before he became famous. I used to live with the Rouse Family, well known masonry company. KWEL

Last edited by basslik; 01-25-2024 at 08:12 PM.