Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 AM

Default Not recognizing my Ilok

I recently bought PT LE from my friend and got everything loaded up. I can get into PT but I get a bunch of errors saying it can't recognize the Ilok so some of the lpug-ins don't work. Is there a way to transfer the Ilok stuff to my name?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Not recognizing my Ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickj75 View Post
I recently bought PT LE from my friend and got everything loaded up. I can get into PT but I get a bunch of errors saying it can't recognize the Ilok so some of the lpug-ins don't work. Is there a way to transfer the Ilok stuff to my name?

Yes. you can create an ilok.com account free of charge. Then your friend can transfer the licenses to you for a fee of $25. each.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Not recognizing my Ilok

Or your friend could give you the iLok account info(turning it all over to you). You may have installed options(plugins) that are not part of the basic install, so if the iLok does not have licenses for those, you will need to remove them from the plugins folder. Make a note of the plugin names when you open Pro Tools. Then close PT and go to Program Files>Common Files>Digidesign>DAE>Plugins. In that folder, there will be 2 files for each plugin(different file extensions), just drag them out(to the desktop is handy), then back up one level and drag/drop those files to the Plugins(unused) folder.(you can move them back later if you end up with iLok authorization for them).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave