Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2017, 03:18 PM

Default Issue with Focusrite 8i6 and Win-10

I've had the Scarlett 8i6 for a couple years now and up until last week I was on Win-7. Alas, I finally upgraded to Win-10. A couple of issues immediately cropped up. One, Mix Control went all weird on me. I was no longer able to change sample rates on the MC window as I had previously. A 90 minute support call with a Focusrite support person, several uninstall/reinstall of different drivers etc, finally seemed to solve that issue. However, one remaining one is that for some reason I now get these intermittent pops and clicks. It doesn't matter if I'm playing back a Pro tools track within PT or listening to audio on a Youtube video or what. Its not the sync setting, as it makes no difference if its on internal or SPDIF. I can't figure out the source at all, but I know it has something to do with Focusrite and the MC because if I switch to a different interface I have, there are no pops/clicks.

Anyone else using a Focusrite Scarlett anything and upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 having similar issues? Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 05-05-2017, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Issue with Focusrite 8i6 and Win-10

Anyone?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Issue with Focusrite 8i6 and Win-10

I have had numerous FR devices. 4x 8x 18x20i and I went through the same thing on my 18x20 after I upgraded to Win 10 64. I tested and retested with FR support to no avail. I gave up and went with an 003. No problems. I then moved up to an RME FF800 off ebay and haven't looked back. Personally I don't think FR drivers are up to speed as they are outsourced. RME develops there own drivers in house an it is the best interface I have used to date. Another advantage is the FW interface. Dedicated bandwidth vs sharing Bluetooth with multiple devices. I'm up on 12.7.1 with Win 10 64. It also seems that the Creator update is ok as well according to the forum, ytb. I check for driver updates periodically to keep things stable. I put a long post on here that outlines my troubleshooting steps. Pretty lengthy as I documented everything for about 8 weeks. -hth.