Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 AM

Default MIDI Tracks No Playback

I'm trying to get sound from my Reason Subtractor and my NNXT Advanced Sampler. My MOXF-8 Keyboard and Audio File are both coming in clear, but I can't hear Reason and my NNXT. I have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:21 AM

Default Re: MIDI Tracks No Playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaForeEx View Post
I'm trying to get sound from my Reason Subtractor and my NNXT Advanced Sampler. My MOXF-8 Keyboard and Audio File are both coming in clear, but I can't hear Reason and my NNXT. I have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP!
Can't even begin to help without you giving us more info like what PT version, Reason version, operating system & version, etc. You do know how to use Rewire inside PT right? Rewire in PT sends MIDI to Reason and also brings the audio from Reason back into PT.

What do you mean by 'My MOXF-8 Keyboard and Audio File are both coming in clear' ? How do you have the Motif connected to your computer? Audio (which you need if you want to record the audio from it)? MIDI (if you want to record the MIDI from it into PT and thence on to Reason)? And what specific MIDI connection are you using - 5 pin round MIDI or USB? On most Yamaha keyboards you have the option for either but not both at the same time unless Yamaha changed their system. If you want to record the audio from the Motif you need to feed that to a PT aux or audio track.

QAPLA!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:34 PM

Default Re: MIDI Tracks No Playback

after opening the instrument in rewire you have to create a midi track and point it to the rewire instance. it has to actually send midi to reason via the rewire, but the rewire track does not initiate midi itself. hope this helps.