Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Default Omnisphere automation issues

When I look at the Omnisphere automation parameters in the "Plug-In Automation enable" dialog at the top of the Omnisphere GUI, I see nothing but numbers, as opposed to the actual names of the functions of the various knobs and switches on the GUI of Omnisphere.

Is there any way to get Pro Tools to recognize the actual names of the parameters?

Also, is there a way to get Pro tools to highlight the automation functions that I have programmed in the track view selector or to automatically display the the automation functions that I have written?

Finally, is there a way to enable host automation for all parameters of Omnisphere at once?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Omnisphere automation issues

Couple questions as I do not have that VI... Are the numbers 1-128? If you go into your automation page and add everything does the VI light up with red around each knob? The viewing of automation can be seen one parameter at a time by selecting to view "Whatever parameter you have written for) under the same drop down menu you can choose to view audio or midi or pan, etc. If you record automation (pending the unit lights up with red-meaning armed for automation, then you select your track to "write" automation data) you should be able to afterwards choose to view that in your track...you can see more than one parameter by following this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akYVjY1wWD0
Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM

No, nothing lights up. All of the numbers are in the right column in the automation dialog on top of the plug-in but I still have to choose to add each button to automate in Omnisphere one at a tijme.

I don't know if there is a way to enable all functions at once but either way it's really ungainly when you can't see a function associated with the numbers. Every other plugin works as it should in pro Tools except for the Spectrasonics ones.

I also don't see how to do separate audio outputs for each MIDI channel, which Omnisphere and Trilian feature.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Watch this as a start...

http://www.showmeprotools.com/plug-i...-basics-video/
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM

When you set up your Instrument track do you choose to make it mono, stereo or 8 channels? You should have an option when making the instrument track how many channels it is...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:31 PM

This will help too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZPbZgvmn2w
Old 06-14-2012, 01:21 PM

Ok.. here ya go:

You'll need to right click the parameter you wish to automate in the plugin, and select Enable Host Automation. Pro Tools doesn't list the names of the parameters unfortunately, but you can get a list by going to the Utility button and selecting Show Current Assignments.

As far as the naming, Avid will need to address that in a future update....
Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks. I do appreciate all of that and I was able to find it through my snooping around. It's a real drag that the Spectrasonics plugins are the only ones of mine that don't work smoothly with Pro Tools in this capacity.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:24 PM

I do agree as the Omnispere seems to be a really cool VI... just needs to have ability to load your own samples and it would be amazing... good luck and Im sure they will update things in a new release of PT.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM

Even with this method, it seems that it only enables the automation for the track that the VI is Inserted onto. It doesn't seem to enable it for other tracks that are routed to Omnisphere's other MIDI In/ Audio Out channels.