Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Re: how much memory i need to run protools

ok i think i got somethiAMINISTRATOR ng i just need to know how to login as a AMINISTRATOR cuz i never had to do this to get on the cpu so i need to know how to setup a password and user name...
Old 06-12-2004, 07:19 PM

Usually, the person who installed the software is the administrator, and sets that all up during installation. Many/Most of us set it up so that we don't have to login every time and are the main administrators. It's not very secure, but it's convenient. If you've installed other software before, it's more than likely that you are the main administrator, and that is not your problem at all.

Explaining all of that to you is WAY off topic though. If you want or need to know information about the operating system, you should try the Windows XP site. They may even have specific information there about why the service pack won't install for you. They are also more qualified than I am to be giving you advice about it.

I'd like to also recommend that you have somebody set this machine up for you. You seem to be a very "lets get to it" kind of guy, and not having to mess around with any of this B.S. might be better for you. The place where you got your Digi equipment would be the first place to start. If they can't or won't do it, they might know somebody who would. A local studio that uses Pro Tools might also be a good place. They'll charge you for their time, but you will at least know that it will work exactly like it's supposed to.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-12-2004, 10:56 PM

I think so, too. I was struck by the 'worth $5250', it reminded me of the $40,000 reference in the other thread

Quote:
Hey this is not my boy is it... I guess I should just forget it.
Supreme lives

Old 06-12-2004, 11:13 PM

It is the same guy as the other day SUPREME "Mr. Knowitall" I am certain. Same question, same SONY VIAO.... Same money on the mind... How's the $40,000 in studio gear treating ya....

Guess he did not understand.... I smell em..... still smells the same to me..

Done here...

Use a different make next time... The Sony "Best Buy" Special is a dead giveaway...

ight!

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"