Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM

Default Initialize MC Transport device

Is the a sequence of keys to hold to initialize (factory reset) the MC Transport hardware?
Old 05-22-2020, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Initialize MC Transport device

Maybe this:
Reset
You can reset the surface name and (any) IP Address assigned to the unit by doing the following.
To reset the Artist Transport Surface Name and IP Address:
1 Make sure the unit is powered off.
2 Press and hold Soft Key 6 while pressing the POWER switch.

Hope this helps.
M
Old 05-22-2020, 11:08 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynaldo Martine View Post
Is the a sequence of keys to hold to initialize (factory reset) the MC Transport hardware?
Not really, whats the issue?
Old 06-19-2020, 01:49 PM

Thank you Halfmoon, I'll give it a try!

EddieJones; Thanks for the interest. I have two of these units (MC Transports), and I use one on my 18 core iMac Pro, the other on a 6 core Macbook pro (for comping vocals, cleaning up tracks, etc. while laying in bed). The unit for the iMac pro works great, but the unit for the Macbook Pro will intermittently respond "squirrelly" by disconnecting, or having the jog wheel do a myriad of other functions not assigned to it. Both computers have the same OS versions, and the same Cubase Pro versions. My first action was to take the unit that works well, and put it on the laptop. I did, and it worked like a champ (for several days) (also, I used the same power supply and ethernet cable), and putting the faulty unit on the i Mac Pro (with its power supply and ethernet cable), it would again get squirrely. So, now I know it is the unit itself, but before I scrap it as a unit that has "seen its day", I thought maybe a factory reset might be in order. I did Halfmoon's reset before writing this, and it ended up not working, BUT I DID do several powerups holding down each number individually, and for the last hour no problems. Fingers crossed. Still, seems to me these units should have some sort of general reset sequence.
Guys, thank you! This is my first time in 35 years of recording that I've ever posted a question. I've avoided it because I've seen guys get "beat up" for what are considered "dumb" questions. Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:18 AM
Avid

Have you checked the firmware versions?
Old 06-24-2020, 02:53 PM

Yes, both have the latest firmware. I could have sworn, 2, or 3 years ago, someone had posted an initialization sequence for these units. I am "Googled-Out" trying to dig it back up. Worst case, I just get another one. It still runs circles around Faderport v.2, and the Behringer Touch One (I have bought, and resold both). Both are good units, but for a top shelf jog wheel, and programmability, the MC Transport is still miles ahead.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Avid

The firmware is the reset if anything. You can force a reinstall of it by holding down the Alt key on windows(Mac is Shift - Cmd) when you press the Update Firmware button