Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM

Default PT 11 Initializing Audio Engine Restarts Computer

I Just got the Eleven rack and installed PT 10.3.9 and PT 11. PT 11 worked fine for a few days. I didnt install anything after that or did any system changes. PT 10.3.9 works fine but now when I run PT 11 it loads up until it gets to Initializing Audio Engine then my computer shuts down and restarts. I tried it with the Eleven rack connected and disconnected and the same issue exists.

I am running an iMac i3 12GB RAM.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:03 PM

Default Re: PT 11 Initializing Audio Engine Restarts Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns456 View Post
I Just got the Eleven rack and installed PT 10.3.9 and PT 11. PT 11 worked fine for a few days. I didnt install anything after that or did any system changes. PT 10.3.9 works fine but now when I run PT 11 it loads up until it gets to Initializing Audio Engine then my computer shuts down and restarts. I tried it with the Eleven rack connected and disconnected and the same issue exists.

I am running an iMac i3 12GB RAM.
Have you tried launching PT 11 using just the built in audio of your iMac? Same issue when you change the audio engine?

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-15-2014, 01:48 PM

Default PT 11 Initializing Audio Engine Restarts Computer

Which is hold down the 'N' key while Pro Tools is starting and when the playback engine dialog appears then select 'Built-In Output" and what exact playback engine device name are you trying to switch to? And what exact version number driver have you installed for that device (presumably your Eleven Rack).

In general we need much more information than the crumbs provided. Starting with what exact iMac model/date code and exact OS X version and the Pro Tools 11 exact version.

You have Pro Tools 10 and 11 co-installed on the same iMac? Did you carefully follow Avid's coinstalled directions/requirements?

If OS X is crashing what is shown in the OS X Console.app under system crash reports. Paste the text of a recent crash report here from one of these events if you can find it.