Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 AM

Default Strange CoreAudio issue - right channel information getting into left channel

Hi,

I'm using a 003 Rack + with Pro Tools 9 and I am experiencing a strange issue since today. I was playing a test track to set up my monitors and noticed that there was a severe bleed from the right channel to the left one when the waveform showed no signal on the left channel at all.

I double checked that with my Rosetta 800 which shows activity on the left channel when playing the right channel stereo file, so a cabling issue is out of the question. The Rosetta can't be the issue also because the bleed occurs on the headphones output as well. I tracked the problem down to the CoreAudio Manager/driver as the same file plays without problems in Pro Tools 9.

Any idea how I could fix that? A firmware reset didn't help.

Regards, JK
Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Strange CoreAudio issue - right channel information getting into left channel

It's how iTunes talks to the Coreaudio driver, it's messed up. Listen to it through quicktime or VLC, you'll see that they work fine...
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Strange CoreAudio issue - right channel information getting into left channel

Hi!

Thanks for the hint, didn't have time to test it though as I ditched my 003 Rack in favor of a Studio Konnekt 48. I'm sure that's good to know for a few other guys out there!

Regards, JK
Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 AM

It isn't software or others would have that problem.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
Hi!

Thanks for the hint, didn't have time to test it though as I ditched my 003 Rack in favor of a Studio Konnekt 48. I'm sure that's good to know for a few other guys out there!

Regards, JK
+1 on the Konnekt 48
Better convertors and a cool product now that TC have got the drivers right.

There used to be an issue with Digi interfaces having inverted polarity in the core audio drivers. Not sure if this has been addressed.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM

Yeah, it's a good interface with an even better bang for the buck, but the dying-input-potentiometer-problem is kind of freaking me out. I got a unit with two of four defect gain pots and don't really look forward to trying this thing out live as a matter of fact. Otherwise it has great features for half of the price of it's closest competitor, the UFX (which doesn't have a remote included and doesn't have dedicated phone output knobs either).