Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-16-2000, 08:32 AM

Default Lines 6 Pod/Pod Pro & tape delay/dist/chorus modelers. Is our Amp Farm old hat now?

Although I've heard reports of the delay modeler coming soon to TDM, I can't help thinking our once 'hot stuff' gtr plug in is trailing far behind some of the latest ine 6 hardware boxes.
Any thoughts?

Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 09-16-2000, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Lines 6 Pod/Pod Pro & tape delay/dist/chorus modelers. Is our Amp Farm old hat now?

As a former employee...

PodPro uses pretty much the same amp models as Amp Farm, albeit less of them. You can now specify exactly which cabs to put with which amps with PodPro, but you could always do that with Amp Farm, albeit less cabs. The FX in PopPro are now 24 bit, over the 16 bit FX in the original POD, but who cares if you're an Amp Farm user, cause you got all of TDM behind you.

Echo Farm is gonna be cool, but keep in mind that Line 6 makes hardware for their software models. Much like Apple Computer refusing to simply sell their software, or TC Electronic not turning the M3000 verb into a plugin, Line 6 is not gonna put all their best stuff into someone else's hardware. It just isn't as profitable.
Old 09-16-2000, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Lines 6 Pod/Pod Pro & tape delay/dist/chorus modelers. Is our Amp Farm old hat now?

I'd like to see the Bass/Amp Farm for TDM or an Update to Amp Farm to Incluse some nice Bass rigs!

------------------
[email protected]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>The Greatest Risk in Life is Doing Nothing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-17-2000, 12:13 AM

uno1234

Is there a difference in sound quality between original POD and POD Pro..? And how do they stand up against AMP Farm?

OD
Old 09-17-2000, 06:34 AM

Dog BBQ,

If you haven't tried it, I gotta recommend the BombFactory SansAmp PSA-1 for bass. When I tried the demo and heard the factory preset SVT, I knew I had to have it. I'm using it with direct bass through a Great River mic pre and it's simply one thing in my setup I couldn't be happier with. Granted, I'm not a bass player...just a guitarist doing my own bass tracks...just MHO.

By the way, so far I don't see much of any use for the PSA-1 for guitar....just bass...though I haven't tried all that hard.

Tom
Old 09-17-2000, 08:00 AM

Yes OD, there is a difference. PodPro has 24 bit converters instead of 20, I believe. And PodPro lets you select individual cabs with a specific amp, has 24 bit FX (when you switched on the FX on the original POD, you were suddenly running your signal at 16 bits), has more tweaking available from the front panel via tap-tempo, and has digital I/O, send and return, as well as a live mode, where you can choose to send an AIR version and a non AIR version to two separate feeds (accomodating an amp and a PA situation).

The cabs select, extra tap-tempo tweaking, and I think the 24 bit FX are available on the new POD Version 2. I don't know about the converters.

Amp Farm simply gives you a small handful of models and cabs (around 12 I think?), where POD has got about 32, and more FX. The sound of those models however is identical to POD.

[This message has been edited by uno1234 (edited September 17, 2000).]