Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-05-2020, 05:01 AM

Default Please Help - I 've recorded into Pro Tools, there is waveform but NO SOUND!

Hi. Few days ago I had a short ADR session with actors. After 5 minutes of recording pro tools unexpectedly quit but I restored the session and kept recording - recording a short take and dropping it manually to playlist. Everything seemed fine. Next day I wanted to edit the files but I realised that there is no sound, just silence in many of them, like 2 thirds of the clips are silent, and not the ones that were recorded after each other but in a random order. The waveform is showing (not if zoomed completely) but there is no sound, and if I consolidate the clip there is silence. I went to audio files and tried to open it with many other audio software (vlc, quicktime, RX) there is just silence. The files have normal megabyte size. Just to mention, it was thundering while I recorded and the storm was outside, I don't have UPS. I used PT 2020.3. and recorded to Sinology NAS RAID server connected via ethernet. Please let me know if you had a similar problem (I haven't in 20 years of using PT) or help with any advice on what might have caused that or how I can fix these silent files. Here are pictures before and after consolidating these clips. Many, many tnx, Martin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (27.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by lynx lynx; 06-05-2020 at 05:17 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Please Help - I 've recorded into Pro Tools, there is waveform but NO SOUND!

Wait, you used your Synology as an audio drive?
Synology should be used as a backup not a working drive.
I think you're SOL. At first I though you maybe didn't have the right hardware selected to hear playback but it seems like you may not have actually recorded everything.